Can't add local files to playlists on iPhone

Solved!

Can't add local files to playlists on iPhone

nojo7276
whenever I'm on my iPhone and I try to add a local file to a playlist I get a message saying "Could not load tracks: These tracks are currently unavailable. Please try again later." The weird thing is that I have no trouble playing the songs, when they are already in a playlist. Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Can't add local files to playlists on iPhone

MattSuda
Community Legend

Fixed in version 3.9

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Highlighted

Treehugger81

I have the same problem on my i-phone and my i-pad. Anyone any ideas when this is gonna get resolved?

Highlighted

Raymondh77
Casual Listener
Same thing here. I also have an issue where a every so often a song will play without sound and I have to restart it. That's annoying to say the least. All of this stuff is annoying. And Tech support is about as helpful as a blow dryer at the bottom of the ocean.. Beats Music is starting to look really good.
Highlighted

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey guys!

A bug ticket has been made for this.

Sorry for the long wait. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon.

Highlighted

Sophiespin
Casual Listener

Hello, has there been any solution found yet ?

I am having exactly the same problem. And it seems it is not only for the local files but also for songs that are available on spotify. 

When on my mobile (ipad or iphone), when i try to add any file to a playlist, I also get the "could not load tracks" message.

I can only create a new playlist from the file and have to create 1 playlist per file but cannot have multiple files in 1 playlist ... Not good ! 

Highlighted

Smeenk2
Casual Listener
I have the same problem with not being able to add locally songs to a playlist from my iPhone (get "could not load tracks" error).

I also have the problem mentioned above where every so often a song will play without sounds. it seems that most, if not every, time this happens its on a locally saved song.

How hard could it possibly be to fix such simple problems?
Highlighted

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey guys!

This is still being looked at. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update. 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Any idea when? Very very annying. If I drop Spotify, this is going to be the reason...

Highlighted

MattSuda
Community Legend

No idea when. Sorry

Highlighted

tato82

Hi, I´ve been having the same issue but not with all songs. Seems like it only affects some of them, perhaps the ones which metadata is not recognized by spotify? My collection contains music from many years ago (before itunes) so it comes from cds I owned or that were passed by friends and on those perhaps the metadata is not complete or not correct. Perhaps thats the issue? The idea for me to sync my local sons was to add new songs to my already created itunes playlists and to add some of my local songs to playlists I created on spotify alone. I think that´s the only idea. Otherwise when I want to listen to my local playlists I would open the music app and that´s it (which seems to be the case now. 

Thanks in advance for the clarification. 

SUGGESTED POSTS