Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add local files to playlists on iPhone

Solved!

Can't add local files to playlists on iPhone

whenever I'm on my iPhone and I try to add a local file to a playlist I get a message saying "Could not load tracks: These tracks are currently unavailable. Please try again later." The weird thing is that I have no trouble playing the songs, when they are already in a playlist. Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed in version 3.9

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

30 Replies

I have the same problem on my i-phone and my i-pad. Anyone any ideas when this is gonna get resolved?

Same thing here. I also have an issue where a every so often a song will play without sound and I have to restart it. That's annoying to say the least. All of this stuff is annoying. And Tech support is about as helpful as a blow dryer at the bottom of the ocean.. Beats Music is starting to look really good.

Hey guys!

A bug ticket has been made for this.

Sorry for the long wait. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hello, has there been any solution found yet ?

I am having exactly the same problem. And it seems it is not only for the local files but also for songs that are available on spotify. 

When on my mobile (ipad or iphone), when i try to add any file to a playlist, I also get the "could not load tracks" message.

I can only create a new playlist from the file and have to create 1 playlist per file but cannot have multiple files in 1 playlist ... Not good ! 

I have the same problem with not being able to add locally songs to a playlist from my iPhone (get "could not load tracks" error).

I also have the problem mentioned above where every so often a song will play without sounds. it seems that most, if not every, time this happens its on a locally saved song.

How hard could it possibly be to fix such simple problems?

Hey guys!

This is still being looked at. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Any idea when? Very very annying. If I drop Spotify, this is going to be the reason...

No idea when. Sorry

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi, I´ve been having the same issue but not with all songs. Seems like it only affects some of them, perhaps the ones which metadata is not recognized by spotify? My collection contains music from many years ago (before itunes) so it comes from cds I owned or that were passed by friends and on those perhaps the metadata is not complete or not correct. Perhaps thats the issue? The idea for me to sync my local sons was to add new songs to my already created itunes playlists and to add some of my local songs to playlists I created on spotify alone. I think that´s the only idea. Otherwise when I want to listen to my local playlists I would open the music app and that´s it (which seems to be the case now. 

Thanks in advance for the clarification. 

I have the same problem.  This has consumed hours trying to trouble shoot and is SO frustrating.  I have purchased albums on Itunes, imported into spotify into playlists.  The songs play just fine, with the exception of ONE.  It will play fine on the iphone, but will not play when trying to connect via soundtouch to the Bose wireless systems.  It will also play fine when streaming via bluetooth.  I can't move the song into other playlists, as the error, "could not load tracks" these tracks are currentluy unavailable, please try again later comes up.  

What is the problem???

I am having the same problem. It's disappointing to see that this was brought up months ago and it still hasn't been fixed. I can't make the playlists that I signed up for Spotify to make unless I'm at my home computer, which is inconvenient.

This has been a problem for a year at least. It is very frustrating and makes me want to cancel my subscription and switch to Google

I have already cancelled my premium because of this. I went Freemium

I'm young and set in my ways, and unlikely to switch to Google because of that, but I'll check it out. My current workaround is to make a playlist containing all of my local files and copy it a bunch of times while I'm at my home computer. You can't add the local files to playlists, but you can add and remove songs from playlists they're already on, so it's working out okay.

I love how spotify still hasn't dealt with this. Typical them. It seems their mission is to make thier updates continually less functional than their predecessors. 

#TIDALforALL

How is this still not fixed??? Come on Spotify we are paying every month and not even asking for shiny new features, how basic is it to just be able to add songs to a playlist??

It is for reasons like this that I will be trying out Apple's new
streaming service.

Marked as solution

Fixed in version 3.9

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts