Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

In app hidden updates and fixes ???

I have a feeling some fixes are being done hidden inside the actual revision; let say you are running 6.5.0 Then the next day SPOT pushes fixes without sending an update through AppStore is that what's happening ?* I had the menus on the side like in...

• Music Fan
  • ...hey don't release any notes or public notes.
  • iamleek
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • In app update
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Every time I turn my iPhone off, I am logged out and lose all offline music

I have to turn my phone off every day. I lost all of my music almost every single time this happens. It is an iPhone 6 with 64GB of storage. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I made sure it is not connected with Facebook. This is really...

• Visitor
  • I have to turn my phone off every day. I lost all of my music almost every single time this happens. It is an iPhone 6 with 64GB of storage. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I made sur...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify recovers data

Hi, I have Spotify Premium latest version of app running on iPhone 6S with iOS 9.3.5. (no jailbreak) Last couple of days, everytime I turn off and turn on my iPhone, Spotify deletes my music for offline listening. So everytime i turn on my iphone, i ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have Spotify Premium latest version of app running on iPhone 6S with iOS 9.3.5. (no jailbreak) Last couple of days, everytime I turn off and turn on my iPhone, Spotify deletes my music for offl...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded but could not use the Premium

Hi,I'm Annie.I bought the Premium student discount last Friday (06/16/16) but it did not work. I am a student in High school and I did not know that this process is just for the student in college so I pay it by my credit card.Although i have already...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm Annie.I bought the Premium student discount last Friday (06/16/16) but it did not work. I am a student in High school and I did not know that this process is just for the student in coll...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible integration with Shazam on IOS 10 and Ipad Pro

I have a spotify premiun suscription and allways I had sincronized my shazam with my spotify account in an ipad 2nd generation but now I have an Ipad pro with IOS 10 and is impossible to symcronize, the options that gives is only to connect with appl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a spotify premiun suscription and allways I had sincronized my shazam with my spotify account in an ipad 2nd generation but  now I have an Ipad pro with IOS 10 and  is impossible to ...
  • felixsdr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded songs NOT staying.

I've tried multiple times to download my playlist on my iPhone, with my Spotify Premuium. Every time I go to offline mode after downloading all my songs, NONE are downloaded. I've wasted a ton of time waiting for them to download multiple times.If th...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried multiple times to download my playlist on my iPhone, with my Spotify Premuium. Every time I go to offline mode after downloading all my songs, NONE are downloaded. I've wasted a ton of tim...
  • musiccornercv
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignored my wifi settings

Even though I configured the Spotify app both in the iPhone settings and in the app Playback settings to only download or stream while on wifi and not use cellular data all my data plan was consumed in one day. I'm really upset.

• Even though I configured the Spotify app both in the iPhone settings and in the app Playback settings to only download or stream while on wifi and not use cellular data all my data plan was consumed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium - cannot share songs on iPhone, cannot continuously play playlist on computer

Hello! I have two issues with Spotify, one with the iOS app and one with the desktop app. 1) iOS app: I cannot send or receive songs from friends. I am a facebook user and have my facebook account linked to my spotify premium account, I am friends wi...

• Hello! I have two issues with Spotify, one with the iOS app and one with the desktop app.   1) iOS app: I cannot send or receive songs from friends. I am a facebook user and have my facebook a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

payment

I paid for premium since sept. 9 and i am still on free

• I paid for premium since sept. 9 and i am still on free
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Fails to login using Facebook, page error

When I login using Facebook, I am redirected to Facebook authentication page, stating that I already autherized Spotify. When I press OK, it shows me an error page: This page contains the following errors: error on line 1 at column 438: EntityRef: ex...

• Casual Listener
  • When I login using Facebook, I am redirected to Facebook authentication page, stating that I already autherized Spotify. When I press OK, it shows me an error page:   This page contains the fo...
  • nicholascwl25
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I want to disacticate my 7 days free trial spot icy premium

Hi, I've a problem... Today incorrectly accepted the 7 days free trial of my spotify free account! I know that at the end of my free week, my account will become automatically a premium account and I'll pay for that...Please, What should I do to canc...

• Hi, I've a problem... Today incorrectly accepted the 7 days free trial of my spotify free account! I know that at the end of my free week, my account will become automatically a premium account and I...
  • sillysmudge
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not happy

£9.99 has been taken out my bank account after I canceled supsricption!! I want my money back!!!

• £9.99 has been taken out my bank account after I canceled supsricption!! I want my money back!!!
  • musiccornercv
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 6.5.0

- Spotify is now iOS 10 compatible.- New: To all our friends who speak Czech, now Spotify speaks your language. - New: Spotify welcomes Jaguar Land Rover integration. - 'Available Offline' is now called 'Download'. Tap to save tracks for offline list...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • - Spotify is now iOS 10 compatible. - New: To all our friends who speak Czech, now Spotify speaks your language. - New: Spotify welcomes Jaguar Land Rover integration. - 'Available Offline' is n...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Family Subscriptions!

I cancel my suscription on itunes.... Now how can i do to get in a faMily suscription whith my iPad ?

• I cancel my suscription on itunes.... Now how can i do to get in a faMily suscription whith my iPad ? 
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Turning off shuffle play is a premium feature?

Now come on Spotify. This just isn't right. I have to pay you if I want to listen to an album in order? Now the adds though that'd make me subscribe if I had the money to spare. But are you seriously going to keep it like that?

• Casual Listener
  • Now come on Spotify. This just isn't right. I have to pay you if I want to listen to an album in order? Now the adds though that'd make me subscribe if I had the money to spare. But are you seriously...
  • SuprntrlAngel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Gives False Battery Meter Reading

I have an Iphone 6, which I've had for 2 years now, but this isn't a new problem. Also worth pointing out is, I used Spotify every single day. About a year ago I noticed my battery was running low really quickly, and just thought my phone must have b...

• Regular
  • I have an Iphone 6, which I've had for 2 years now, but this isn't a new problem.  Also worth pointing out is, I used Spotify every single day.    About a year ago I noticed my ...
  • glendvd1001
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Song preview causes crash

If I hold down a song, album or playlist to hear a preview the app crashes.iPhone 7iOS 10.0.1.

• Casual Listener
  • If I hold down a song, album or playlist to hear a preview the app crashes. iPhone 7 iOS 10.0.1.
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

offline playback says my downloaded songs are not downloaded

I'm using a premium account on iPhone SE I've made a playlist.I've downloaded the entire playlist.- All tracks got a green download-icon.I took my spotify offline.I played the downloaded playlist.It works for a while (couple of songs)Than it says the...

• I'm using a premium account on iPhone SE   I've made a playlist. I've downloaded the entire playlist. - All tracks got a green download-icon. I took my spotify offline. I played ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Stops listening music when network changes in iPhone 7/iOS 10

Yesterday I did the same thing with previous Sportify app and it worked well. The issue happens using latest iOS app (updated today) . If the network changes, in my case from Wifi to 4G, when listening to any song on Spotify audio stops and "no inter...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday I did the same thing with previous Sportify app and it worked well.   The issue happens using latest iOS app (updated today) . If the network changes, in my case from Wifi to 4G...
  • jmalbarracin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on shuffle play

My phone is stuck on shuffle play, not allowing me to pick the songs I play. Spotify is telling me I must upgrade to Premium. I find this strange because no other people I know have encountered this problem. Is this normal? Any ideas on how to resolv...

• My phone is stuck on shuffle play, not allowing me to pick the songs I play. Spotify is telling me I must upgrade to Premium. I find this strange because no other people I know have encountered this ...
  • Jp1959
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes