Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t add songs to playlists and can’t delete playlists

Can’t add songs to playlists and can’t delete playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Lithuania

Device

iPhone 13 mini

Operating System

iOS 15.5

My Question or Issue

Can’t delete playlists and can’t add songs to playlists. Loging out and back does not fix the problem, the only fix I could find was turning the phone off for a minute or two. Reinstalling the app is not an option, since then I have to sync my local songs again with a computer

5 Replies

Hey @koSiukaS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

It looks like the app is getting stock with some processes. This usually happens when the device has some damaged cache stored from previous updates. Unfortunately, to fix the files and overwrite the damaged data, it's highly recommended to perform a clean reinstall.  This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

On the other hand, the "Local files" now have a different process to sync the tracks. Now you can store the audio file on your device and Spotify will scan for it inside the app. You can see the complete process here

In case the issue persists, it would be great if you could login to a different device to see if it makes any difference.

Lastly, to keep investigating, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running on your iPhone. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well, I've narrowed down the issue. This happens from time to time, haven't seen this happen on the latest one (8.8.8.688), will report it if encountered again. This happens when I'm trying to add a song to a playlist that already has that song. So instead of the "Add again?" modal, it just becomes unresponsive.

Okay so it still happens in the latest version (8.8.8.688). When trying to add again to the playlist, other ones also become unresponsive until closing the add function and then opening it again.

Here’s a video of this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-7RT_-QRCpGMhb40_vtDIrlHhKjgNFlm/view?usp=drivesdk 

Hey @koSiukaS,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the report you sent.

Since the app works fine after the recent version for some time, it's possible that the remaining cache is still affecting the proper behavior of the app. just to make sure we're on the same page, did you use the steps for a clean reinstall mentioned in this article?

If so and the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Did the clean install steps mentioned in the article and the problem still appeared (8.8.8.688, iOS 16.3). Haven't tried with a different device though.

Suggested posts