Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs being replaced without consent.

Plan : Duo Free/Premium : PremiumCountry : India Device : All devicesOperating System : iOS12/14/16, Macos 12, Windows10/11, Android 10/11 Songs in my playlist are being replaced without my consent.I have previously reported this issue via twitter bu...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan : Duo  Free/Premium : Premium Country : India   Device : All devices Operating System : iOS12/14/16, Macos 12, Windows10/11, Android 10/11   Songs in my playlist ar...
  • MihailY
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files Won't Play on IOS

Iv'e had spotify for years while using the local files feature to listen to my favorite songs that aren't on spotify. However, for some reason when I recently tried to add a new song via the local files, when synced to my IOS device it won't play on ...

• Regular
  • Iv'e had spotify for years while using the local files feature to listen to my favorite songs that aren't on spotify. However, for some reason when I recently tried to add a new song via the local fi...
  • Yordan
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Playing different songs then the one I clicked on and doesn’t play my song

My Spotify when I click on a song that I want to play like makes me listen to other songs and then eventually I get to listen to the song I clicked on but it used to play the song I wanted first and bows it’s making me mad

• Visitor
  • My Spotify when I click on a song that I want to play like makes me listen to other songs and then eventually I get to listen to the song I clicked on but it used to play the song I wanted first an...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have deleted my old acc and trying to add that old email in new but can’t

When I try to add this email, It is showing that an account with this email already exist and when I try to login it is showing that there is no account with this Email id

• Visitor
  • When I try to add this email, It is showing that an account with this email already exist and when I try to login it is showing that there is no account with this Email id
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play any podcast on my device

Hello good evening, I need help, I can't play any podcast on my spotify and I don't know why, my cell phone is an iphone x

• Visitor
  • Hello good evening, I need help, I can't play any podcast on my spotify and I don't know why, my cell phone is an iphone x
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I stop shuffle? I want to play 1 artist but it shuffles. I'mPremium.

I want to play 1 single artist. For example, I search Sara Bareilles. I want to play to her music. I touch the green circle with triangle, and the next song is another artist (Bieber, Katy Perry). I only want to hear Sara Bareilles, how do I stop the...

• Visitor
  • I want to play 1 single artist. For example, I search Sara Bareilles. I want to play to her music. I touch the green circle with triangle, and the next song is another artist (Bieber, Katy Perry). ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I listen to a whole song in Liked song?

On my iPhone, I can only listen a mixed songs and I am not able to listen to a whole song in the liked song. I can only listen some part of it. how can I not listen to a mixed song and listen a song what I want with whole music?

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPhone, I can only listen a mixed songs and I am not able to listen to a whole song in the liked song. I can only listen some part of it. how can I not listen to a mixed song and listen a song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CarPlay very slow loading downloaded songs

Using CarPlay, after clicking on a playlist, it takes more than 1 minute to have the songs displayed. Playlist has about 100 songs. Never had this behaviour before. Normally, the display is instantaneous on CarPlay. It is still instantaneous on the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Using CarPlay, after clicking on a playlist, it takes more than 1 minute to have the songs displayed. Playlist has about 100 songs. Never had this behaviour before. Normally, the display is instantan...
  • AlejaR
  • 48 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 48 replies
  • 1 likes

how do i delete a playlist

in my "good evening/morning/afternoon" thing, there is a playlist that i don't want there, and there isn't an option to delete it. also in my recently played, i need to delete some things but again, can't or don't know how

• Visitor
  • in my "good evening/morning/afternoon" thing, there is a playlist that i don't want there, and there isn't an option to delete it. also in my recently played, i need to delete some things but again, ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify will not download all of my liked songs?

PlanPremiumCountryU.SDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 15.1 Hi! I have recently been having issues playing all of my liked songs when I don’t have wifi. Spotify has not downloaded all of my liked songs, and I have never had this issue before. When I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.1   Hi! I have recently been having issues playing all of my liked songs when I don’t have wifi. Spotify has not downlo...
  • Vasil
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app won't shuffle

I've always only been able to play playlists on shuffle mode on the spotify app and playing it in order was for computer only, now I can only play things in order and not use shuffle. This doesn't make sense because only shuffle was free all the way ...

• Visitor
  • I've always only been able to play playlists on shuffle mode on the spotify app and playing it in order was for computer only, now I can only play things in order and not use shuffle. This doesn't ma...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Connect] iOS/iPadOS compatibility problems

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 11 Pro | iOS 16.0, iPad 6th gen iPadOS 15.7)Operating SystemSee above My Question or IssueSpotify Connect does not work properly anymore. My ususal setup is iPad as play device and iPhone as remote. Most of the ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 11 Pro | iOS 16.0, iPad 6th gen iPadOS 15.7) Operating System See above   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect does not work properl...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Advertisement on opening app for Spotify Premium

Since a recent update, Spotify app on mobile now shows full-screen advertisements for newly released albums or podcasts (of creators I don't follow nor listen to) that I have to click away before I can use the app for what I actually pay for -- liste...

• Regular
  • Since a recent update, Spotify app on mobile now shows full-screen advertisements for newly released albums or podcasts (of creators I don't follow nor listen to) that I have to click away before I c...
  • smoe
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music automatically starts playing just after midnight on iOS app since 8/10/20

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS13.6 My Question or IssueOver the last 3 nights spotify has started music automatically in the middle of the night on our 2 phones. It occurs just after midnight and it starts playing the last so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS13.6   My Question or Issue Over the last 3 nights spotify has started music automatically in the middle of the nig...
  • albinsgarage
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Home Screen keeps changing

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueEvery time I open the Spotify app it seems the home screen is constantly changing, by adding or taking away content. For weeks I was stuck with a Good Morning banner with 4 albums or...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue Every time I open the Spotify app it seems the home screen is constantly changing, by adding or taking away co...
  • IpadFail
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • home screen
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ongoing Frustration with Offline Use

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone 7 Operating System(iOS 15.6.1 My Question or IssueI have read several support threads about this so I believe I understand how it should work but I still have frustrations using the app offline. I have several of ...

• Songwriter
  •   Plan Premium Country USA    Device (iPhone 7   Operating System (iOS 15.6.1   My Question or Issue I have read several support threads about this so I believe I...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify says I'm offline when I'm not (iOS)

Hi all, I'm really desperated. Already read all about this issue here in the forum. On my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12.1 and the latest Spotify app I always get the message that I'm offline when using LTE or 3G. When connected to WiFi everything is ok. ...

• Music Fan
  •   Hi all,   I'm really desperated. Already read all about this issue here in the forum.   On my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12.1 and the latest Spotify app I always get the message tha...
  • rtovsig
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect playback limited

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceiphone 12 pro and iPad pro Operating System15.6.1 My Question or IssueWhen i Play some podcast my Spotify Connect say playbac limited (avspilling begrenset)if i switch listen localy or om another speaker it Works.Music a...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device iphone 12 pro and iPad pro    Operating System 15.6.1   My Question or Issue When i Play some podcast my Spotify Connect say playbac limit...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify Premium downloads not staying downloaded on iphone xr.

have to continually download my playlists over and over again, multiple times a day. I thought this was normal as it has always been this way but just found out others dont have this issue.

• Casual Listener
  • have to continually download my playlists over and over again, multiple times a day. I thought this was normal as it has always been this way but just found out others dont have this issue.
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes