Can't follow on iOS

Solved!
Highlighted

Can't follow on iOS

EvilRob
Regular
Can't follow artists and playlists on iOS. I can tap on the follow button, but if I go to the "Me" screen to access the list of who I'm following, the app just hangs. The count also does not change when I follow somebody. Currently, the count is stuck at 21. This is on an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Can't follow on iOS

Peter__
Community Legend

Strange, it might be worth a clean reinstallation of the application, but you will need to resync any offline playlists you have. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

12 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend
Does it update correctly when you view your list from another application?

Peter

EvilRob
Regular
I don't know yet. I'm out of town for the weekend and don't have my laptop with me. I won't know the answer until I gat back home on Sunday.

EvilRob
Regular

I logged into the Spotify web player from Chrome on a friends Windows PC. I'm able to access the list of who I'm following on the web player, but the iOS app just shows a spinning wheel and "Loading...". But the list never loads in iOS :/. It just spins and spins.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Strange, it might be worth a clean reinstallation of the application, but you will need to resync any offline playlists you have. 

Peter

EvilRob
Regular

Yup! That was the ticket! I'd have tried it sooner if I had thought of it. Strange how it turned out to be the most basic of solutions.

Ceci
Regular

I've deleted the app and reinstalled spotify twice.  I still can't see the artists I'm following.  Everything else in the app works fine and following works on my desktop. Just no joy on my iPhone 5s.  It stalls out when I select "following" and just says "loading". 

Any other ideas.?

thx!

Peter__
Community Legend
How many people are you following?

Peter

Ceci
Regular

Ceci
Regular

Any other ideas?  I've reinstalled 2-3 times and still I can't follow artists using my iphone 5s.  I'm following about 50 artists and they simply won't load on my phone.

SUGGESTED POSTS