Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't listen to any songs!

Solved!

Can't listen to any songs!

Hey, i got a problem. I can listen to a song for just 40-120 sec and then it stops. I have tried to reinstall the app, resync all songs, resync in 3G and wifi, delete some playlist but nothing works. The problem is still there and atm i just waste my money that i used to buy spotify premium:/. Please tell me how to fix this **bleep**.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Niwzz, welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're having problems playing songs in the iOS app. Have you tried changing the stream quality option in the app's settings?

Let me know if that makes any difference.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes i have changed the steaming quality betwen low, high and extreme and the same on sync. But no sucsess:/.

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Niwzz, welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're having problems playing songs in the iOS app. Have you tried changing the stream quality option in the app's settings?

Let me know if that makes any difference.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

Yes i have changed the steaming quality betwen low, high and extreme and the same on sync. But no sucsess:/.

That's strange then - is it the same song in each case or does this happen with any song that you try to play at all?

I have tried different songs and the only different is the time i can listen on the song as most so far it is 120 seconds. But before i reinstalled the app i could listen on the local files i had synced from my pc whitout problems. But now when i try to sync from my pc it takes forever:s.

So the crashes are happening even in offline mode? (No internet/3g connection).

Are you running any other apps at the same time as Spotify that might be interfering? Anything at all, really.

Yes, it does not matter if im in offlinemode, 3G, wifi or edge. The song just stops anyway. And i just tried to close all apps and start spotify and i tried in 3G and offlinemode but the proble were still there.

Ok, I think I'll need to ask for some further details:
1. Which version of the iOS are you running, and on which device? iPhone or iPod Touch?
2. Which version of the Spotify client are you running? You said you've reinstalled a few times but it's good to check anyway. This can be found in the app's settings.

I running IOS5 on my iphone 4. And i got spotify verision 0.4.23.11.g86a7d473 and under that number it say 0.6.4.60.ge908bde4

It sounds like this could be something to do with the sound drivers on the device.

Have you installed any kind of custom firmware or extensions on the device? We're thinking that this could affect things in a number of ways.

Tbh i have not installed anything lately on my iphone, but i have bean in offline mode a pretty long time and did ju go online cuz i added a new playlist.

One more thing I could try before I run out of ideas - I could reset the devices registered to your account. Currently this is an iPhone and two Windows systems.

Would you like me to give this a go? You'll need to resync your offline playlists again afterwards but it's worth trying.

If just my playlists does not dissapare u can go!

Ok done, is that any better now?

Sadly the problem is still there:/.

How much free space is there on your device? I'm thinking that there might be some issue caused by a lack of space on the phone.

So try freeing up some if you're a little low at the moment. Let me know if it helps.

I had 4GB free first and now i got 9GB free but still the same problem and i have resynced the playlist.

I did missclick on my iphone on the solved thing. The problem is still unsolved!

hmm, is it possible to move my premium accsess to an outher account? I wounder if it would work if i make a new account and try if it works maybe? Cuz I cant se any sulution on this problem:/.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having these kinds of problem! The songs on my play-lists started to do the same thing the day before yesterday ( March 13) and I have yet to find a solution to the problem. In fact, I actually managed to make it worse...

reinstalled the app, and now no songs will play. At all. I feel your pain, Niwzz. I feel your pain. -.-

Suggested posts