Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in after 14 days in foreign country

Solved!

Can't log in after 14 days in foreign country

I have recently moved to the USA from Ireland and can now not log into my Spotify account as it says I am unable to do so in a foreign country after 14 days.

I will be travelling between USA and Ireland and need to use my Spotify in both regions. How can I do this, I hope you can help please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @GrainneNYC and welcome to the community! 

If you want to use Spotify longer than 14 days in a foreign country you need a premium subscription. When you moved to the US and will stay there the longest time of the year, you should change the country in your settings like @Peter__ said. But think about getting premium to make sure you can still use it in Ireland, if you're there longer than 2 weeks. You know, at least during the time you're there 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

All you should need to do is update your country on your online profile:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hi @GrainneNYC and welcome to the community! 

If you want to use Spotify longer than 14 days in a foreign country you need a premium subscription. When you moved to the US and will stay there the longest time of the year, you should change the country in your settings like @Peter__ said. But think about getting premium to make sure you can still use it in Ireland, if you're there longer than 2 weeks. You know, at least during the time you're there 🙂

Hi, I moved to Taiwan and I already changed the country of my profile. But since I'm here I can't listen to any music in my iPhone, even in shuffle, an a premium message apears every time I want to play a playlist in shuffle. With my Mac is okay and I can play any song. What do I do?

I can't too

HI 

I have updated the country in my profile but still does not work. I created the account in the uk and now moved to spain....can some one help please?

thanks 

Giuseppe 

I also have that problem. I moved from brasil to israel with a premium subscription, i worked well for a year and about a week ago it log out and i cant log in again.

When i enter the username and password i get in for a split second and it goes back to the main log in page.

What can i do to fix it? Thank you for your time.

Suggested posts