Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login issues on iOS

We're getting reports from iOS users that are unable to login via the mobile app with the error message "You're offline. Check your connection and try again".

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone, just make sure that your app is updated to the latest version. You should also be able to use your VPNs as usual.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks 🙂

Comments
Declerckdaimy

Plan

premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Iphone 14

Operating System

IOS17

My Question or Issue

It says im offline and that i cant log in. Meanwhile im connected to the wifi and have entered the correct password and everything

Billy-J

Hi @Declerckdaimy, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps. These steps are more thorough than the simple reinstall and can solve common issues.

If you're still having trouble, can you let me know the make and model of the device you're experiencing this on?

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-J

Hey @RaylaDraws

Thanks for reaching back out to me! I am happy to hear that you were able to get this fixed and thanks for letting me know how you arrived at your solution as this will help other users who may face this inconvenience.

If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

FlavioSarro

Plan

Premium

Country;Brazil

Device

iPhone XR

My account in Iphone just vanished,I tried to login using my cell phone number,I was logged to my daughter's account. I un uninstalled and installed the app again. For several times I´ve tried to login using Facebook, but I received the message,that I was offline,but I was online. Additional information I can access my account in my Samsung and my PC. How I can solve the problem in my Iphone ?

br4yd3n

I tried everything on this whole thread about 4 times over, restarted my phone and spoke to support for 2 hours yesterday. Support was very kind but we couldn’t get the issue resolved. I’ve tried logging in on a different device and it worked, I can login to the web player on my phone but not the app. I also tried 3 different networks. So I think the problem is the app on my phone. But I can’t exactly clean reinstall it because I am logged out, so I can’t clear the cache. Can anyone help?

SteveP22

Since I logged out yesterday on my iPhone (to fix an Alexa issue) I have not been able to log back in, which includes any of the accounts on the family account.  I can login online and my wife's iPhone is fine but I can't login, as getting the same message as the others.

I have tried all of the workarounds (clearing the cashe, deleting the app, turning it off, trying other accounts, changing the password etc.) but it still just comes up telling me I'm offline.  Oddly if I put the wrong password in it tells that the email and password don't match, so there is an awareness there.  But as soon as the correct details are entered, it goes to telling me I'm offline.

Any further advice would be much appreciated as it's now driving me a bit mad!!

JKeating94

I spent an hour on support with Spotify and they had no idea what was going on. They even got me to try to sign into test accounts which proceeded to say it was my device, however...Based on the replies this is not just my device 

xhec

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Iphone 15 pro max

Operating System

iOS 17.4.1

My Question or Issue

I changed my password and logged out of all devices. Now suddenly I can no longer log in via the Spotify app on my phone. it indicates that I am offline and should check my internet connection, but my connection is fine, I have deleted and redownloaded the app but also without success. I can log in on the desktop and via the laptop, but not via the app. What can I do?

IMG_2842.png
MihailY

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this, please share the following info (if you haven't already) so we can forward it to our tech team:

• Your device model
  • Your OS version
  • Your exact Spotify version
  • A brief description of the issue and/or a screenshot of the error message.

Thanks!

SteveP22

Following on from my message yesterday, I have an iPhone 13, the OS is 17.5.1, Spotify is the very latest version 8.9.40 (because I have re-installed many times) and the issue is that every time I try to login on the phone it advises that 'You're off. Check your connection and try again'. It will let me login on the desktop etc. just not on the iPhone.  I have tried it using another Wi-Fi network but no luck.