Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t log in

Can’t log in

Every time I try log in with the app it replies with something went wrong. I’ve tried reinstalling the app changing the password restarting my phone with no success. I can log in through browser but not in app.

9 Replies

I’m having the same issue. 

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you make sure that the data permission is toggled on for the Spotify app in your phone's settings. 

If this doesn't do the trick, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Additionally, would you mind giving it a try using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’m having the same problem as well, have tried everything and still no fix? Pretty unfair I’m paying for a service and can’t even use it.. hope they fix this 

I have been having the same problem since Friday. I have tried this fix and other options but nothing is working… any update on if it’s going to be fixed? Bit unfair I’m paying for a service I can’t even use..

Hi there @x3z0l7b68iqpoanw7ef5,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let us know if it occurs on a specific device or multiple devices?

It would also be great if you can try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is rubbish how can an international app worth billions kick me out
- reinstalled
- reset password
- app will not accept new password
- app will not login via Facebook despite account history of using it
- login without password feature sends expired links
Unbelievably poor

Hi there @Drzog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support here so that they can have a closer look backstage.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Help please... I am also having this issue, been using Spotify on my phone for 2 years no problem. 3 days ago all music was greyed out. So I did a quick reinstall, but keep getting the error message "Something went wrong, Try again"
I have since tried logging in without password ( via the email) but I keep getting "The link is no longer valid" .... tried that multiple times!, Then tried to do a clean reinstall, but cannot delete the cache without logging in!! iPhone instructions state-Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.)

I can log into my account on my iPad and all is intact, I can access my account details by logging in on my MacBook, but STILL can't log in on my iPhone Xs, v14.4.2
Extremely annoying! particularly since nothing suggested in the multiple support pages I have searched in has worked so far.. 

Hi there @seajewel,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you try the following:

• Log out > restart the app 
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this
  • If you're using any VPN, disable it to see if the issue persists
  • Check device storage
  • Try with a different device to see if the issue persists
  • Check that the app is up to date

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts