Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play local files on iPhone XR?

Can't play local files on iPhone XR?

Hey I have downloaded music onto my Windows laptop and set them up in a folder and put it into Spotify via the Local Files feature. However when I go into the playlist on my iPhone (I downloaded the playlist on my iPhone too) and try and play the music it starts it then instantly stops it, as if the song is 0.01ms long.

Both devices are on the same network, they're both up to date, I've tried reinstalling the app and logging in and out on both also. I have also tried changing the file types of the music on my laptop and that also doesn't solve anything. Any ideas on how to fix this?

3 Replies

Hi @billysicecream,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Before we start troubleshooting this issue, please keep in mind that files from illegal sources are not supported. If your files are from an illegal source, this may be why it isn’t working.  

If your music comes from a legal source, please check this article about Local Files and some troubleshooting steps that may work for you.

If the issue persists, let us know if you're able to play the Local Files on your PC or not. This will help us to better understand the issue. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's my own music so there is no problem there. I also did everything in that article you sent and nothing has fixed my issue

Hi there @billysicecream

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you go to the settings of the Spotify app on your iPhone, scroll down to Local Files and make sure Desktop Sync / Local audio files is enabled? 

Another useful step in is to change the source folder of the local files on the PC. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the PC and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts