Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play podcasts

Can't play podcasts

Hi! Whenever I click on a podcast to be reproduced on my iPhone I get a message saying that Spotify can't open this type of link on this device any ideas??
19 Replies

Hey @Anairis

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

Can you let us know what OS and Spotify version you're rocking? It would be also a great help if you could send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting. We'll take a look and see what we can suggest. 

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be here for you. 

Sophia, 

I've got the same issue.
Error says that Spotify can't open the link on this type of device. See attachment.

Spotify version is 4.6.0.1466

Thanks
J
IMG_2932.PNG

I have the same issue! I have a Premium account and do not get podcasts.
IMG_0654.PNG

I am also struggling with the same problem! Is there any way to help this?

My Spotify is version 8.2.0  and I have Premium. I use an iPod 5th generation. 

Thanks

spotify.jpg

I have this issue as well, iOS 10.3.1 I could listen to them before but I had to get my phone replaced as my hardware was faulty and with the new phone (exactly the same model) I get the error message. Was there a solution for this ? Thanks !
IMG_0837.PNG

iOS 10.2.1 (iPod touch). Premium spotify account. Can't access the podcast either.
IMG_7367.PNG

Hi. Is there a fix for this? I'm having same problem where I'm unable to play podcasts from Spotify on iPad Pro. See attached screen shot. Thanks. 

IMG_0688.PNG

I can't do this either.  What is the fix?  My Andriod phone is fine but isn't supported on my iPad.

Same problem on my iPad Air 2. Spotify version 8.4.16.483. Works fine on my Android device.

IMG_0930.PNG

I'm having this issue on an iPad Pro 10.5. Has any solution come up yet?

Same Here. Why is Spotify not addressing this! I'm going to cancel and go with apple. 

Same issue, error message on my iPad. No solution yet??? Disappointing. 

Same issue.  Spotify knows but doesn't care.  Hey spotify,  why am I paying for premium if some of your services don't work?

I'm listening on an iPod touch, I'm on the most recent update and I've upgraded my Spotify and am still getting the same problem 

image.png

Same problem here o have iOS 11.2 and the version of the Spotify app is 8.4.28

B1F1F41C-3504-46BF-845E-B48D0C1DB465.png

Same here - but it works on my iPhone but not on both of my iPads.

looks like no one at Spotify cares - means cancelling my account after a 4 weeks grace period. Don’t pay money for such a service - not acceptable.

3161B00D-1C51-467B-90E5-D63006BC74C0.png

I also have this problem.  I have updated today 01/26/2018 and still get the error message

I don't think Spotify cares about their subscribers. They can't even be bothered to acknowledge this widespread problem or even comment "we are aware and are working on it" in this thread. 

Is this being answered??? 

Suggested posts