Plan

Premium Family

Country USA

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.5

My Question or Issue

I can’t change the order of songs in my unsorted playlists using my iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 15.5. The desktop app, however, works fine. I have a family premium plan (USA). I’ve tried logging out and logging back in on my iPhone. I tap the three dots on upper right and select to edit playlists, but the three bars the right of each song are grayed out.

9 Replies

Hey @Edelbeb,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you first try to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone as described here

If this didn't resolve the issue, could you try using a different account and see if you can sort the songs?

It's also helpful if you post a screen recording of the process you're following, so we get a better understanding of what is going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I tried the clean re-install, but it did not help. I already sent you an email that included anattached image of my edit playlist screen. (Your forum does not allow me to attach iPhone screenshots.) I hope that image is sufficient to show the problem.

Hey there @Edelbeb

Thanks for your reply.

Could you send us the screenshot here? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. We'll take a closer look.

On another note, we'd like to know what exactly happens when you try dragging up/down the songs in your playlist in the mobile app. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’ve attached the file in HEIC format.

IMG_0156.PNG

Add to what happens when I’ve try to move items up or down in the playlist, you can probably guess based on my sceenshot. Nothing happens.

Also, this issue occurs with ALL of my playlists.

Hey @Edelbeb,

Thanks for the reply.

We were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. The handlebars may appear greyed out, but they should be usable to move the songs in a custom order.

Could you check how a different account behaves on your iPhone? Also make sure to have the background app refresh enabled for Spotify on your device. Here is how to do that.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I’m not sure what changed, but it’s working now. Thanks!

Hey @Edelbeb,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took sharing this information and for your patience.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts