Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see the queue on iPad

Can't see the queue on iPad

So you just released the new iPad update and we finally got My Music.  But we still can't see the queue?  Am I missing something?  How do we see the queue?  Let me guess, we have to wait 6 months for that too?  I don't expect to be a Spotify customer in 6 months.

14 Replies

Sorry, but the queue has not yet been added to the iPad app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What do you mean by "queue"?  Is that the same as Top Tracks?  

Queue is not the same as top tracks.

On the now playing screen in the iPhone app, there is a way to see a queue of upcoming tracks (when queueing a song, you can view it here)

The iPad app currently doesn't have that.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It is very strange to see that such a basic functionality is missing from a supplier that has been in this market for so many years!

How. Much longer will we have to wait?

Seriously!? I thought this was a joke!! How can you not have added this BASIC functionality to the iPad version? You have it on the iPhone, but not iPad? It makes absolutely no sense. When will this be added?

It still doesn't work, right? I'm just trying to figure out how to arrange the freaking queue and the answer is - CANNOT??? God darn, guys! It's getting more and more ridiculous.

1. I play a song

2. I select an album > Add to Queue

>>> This album plays now one song after another. Nice.

3. Suddenly I decide to select another album > Add to Queue

>>> You know what happens now? As soon as one song finishes from the new album, spotify goes back to the old one. WHAT THE F***? There is NO WAY to edit the queue. There is no way to interact. It is justed f-u-c-k-e-d u-p.

I cannot believe that you guys are serious about that. You know that there are actually competitors, right?

P.S.: Now that I hit "next" couple of times I understood how my queue looked like:

Album 2
Album 1
Album 1
Album 1
Album 1
Album 2
Album 2
Album 2
Album 2

>>> You understand? If I have a whole album already in the queue and select another album to add to the queue, ONLY the 1st song of that new album will be added on top of the queue and plays directly. All other songs are added to the end of queue.

Stupid in any case. But ridiculously stupid when you consider that you can't edit the queue!!! You guys wanna hire some more staff for bug testing maybe? And probably a couple of additional programmers and possibly even someone with thinking abilities? I highly recommend so. darn, can't believe this.

I definitely agree. Please consider adding full queue functionality, come on even my Motorola V220 had this functionality 10 years ago.

Also don't understand how you can't have the queue on the iPad. Please implement asap.

One idea to solve it: use Connect to go to another device like your iPhone, edit the queue from there while playing from your iPad and its done!!... just need two devices 😉

Wait this is crazy. You can add things to the play queue, but you can't look at or modify the play queue? And to find this out just after the two week ordeal in which the app just refused to open at all on the iPad pro. This app is literally unfinished; if I were apple I'm not sure I would've approved this app solely on the grounds of being an egregious work in progress.

Any progress with adding edit capability on iPad ?

Ok guys. It's been almost two years and you don't have feature parity between your two iOS apps. It's a big gap.  Make us happy please?

Suggested posts