Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync local files to iPhone

Solved!

Can't sync local files to iPhone

I've been having trouble syncing local files to Spotify Premium on my iPhone.  Until very recently this worked perfectly. I could open spotify on my PC and add local files to offline playlists and they would sync across immediately.  However, I recently had to do a restore on my iPhone and this no longer works.  The spotify songs download fine, but local files remain greyed out.  I've seen a number of people having the same issue on this board so have tried the steps that worked for others but no joy!

1) Tried removing  and reinstalling the Spotify app

2) Tried removing and reinstalling the spotify windows app

3) Tried restarting the iPhone

4) Tried restarting the PC

5) Tried restarting the wifi router

6) Tried connecting  via both USB cable (with iTunes closed) and via Wifi

7) Tried clearing the safari cache on my iphone,  then reinstalling spotify again

I'm all out of ideas now!  I have an Iphone 4S with iOS 7.0.3, non jailbroken, and my PC has Windows 7.  Anyone got any ideas please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed it!  Your mention of UPnP gave me the hint the router might be at fault.  Gave it a factory reset and all works fine now!  Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello!

Hmm... did you restore your iPhone with a backup? Thats sometimes could be the problem. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hey @andos Is the iphone showing under "devices" in the desktop client?

Yes I did restore from a backup, and no the iPhone isn't showing under "Devices"

If this happened right after your restore from backup, you might want to restore without a backup, and see if that works then try adding your files in later. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Also, here is a helpful article that may help 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

@andos The restore means that your iphone is a new device as far as any firewalls etc are concerned so try temporarily disabling any firewalls, antivirus and other security programmes running on your PC to get the iphone to show.

Thanks, I've given that a try but no joy.  My Android tablet isn't shown in devices either so I think the problem must be on my PC rather than either my tablet or iPhone.

You could also check that UPnP is enabled on your router although I can't think why that would have changed. This is at home and not at work or college?

Yeah this is at home.  I have a BT home hub, and I haven't changed the settings on it in a very long time.   I just checked and UPNP is still enabled.  Tried turning it off and on again to make sure!

Just to check, in windows Network and Sharing Centre, your network is shown as a home network and not a public network? This is almost certainly a firewall issue so I'd double-check that windows firewall is off together with any other anti-anything programmes.

Marked as solution

Fixed it!  Your mention of UPnP gave me the hint the router might be at fault.  Gave it a factory reset and all works fine now!  Thanks for the help.

Suggested posts