Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync local files

Can't sync local files

I realize this topic has been addressed about three years ago, but the instructions for fixing it are either outdated or are for a Windows PC which I don't have.

I try to add local files to a downloaded playlist on my phone, but only a few of them (randomly, different each time I restart the process) end up playable on my phone. It doesn't matter whether I add them to an existing playlist or create a new playlist just for the downloaded files.

What I have noticed that I find interesting is that when I add, say, 50 files to the playlist, it will say "Downloading X of 50" and sits there downloading for quite a while, but only the 1-5 songs will end up in the playlist. Any ideas?

1 Reply

@ArcaneTheWoof wrote:

I realize this topic has been addressed about three years ago, but the instructions for fixing it are either outdated or are for a Windows PC which I don't have.

I try to add local files to a downloaded playlist on my phone, but only a few of them (randomly, different each time I restart the process) end up playable on my phone. It doesn't matter whether I add them to an existing playlist or create a new playlist just for the downloaded files.

What I have noticed that I find interesting is that when I add, say, 50 files to the playlist, it will say "Downloading X of 50" and sits there downloading for quite a while, but only the 1-5 songs will end up in the playlist. Any ideas?

Hello, Help arrive!
If you are experiencing:
A. Grey title in Playlist
B. Cannot play mp3/m4a on iPhone

Please make sure the songs import into Spotify:
a. Not protected by DRM
b.In supported format (https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/)

Steps:
1.Make sure your computer and mobile devices (iPhone) in the same WiFi network.
2.Remove the playlist which you find the problem
3.Remove and re-add the "Local Sources" - Make sure all songs synced.
3.1 Reopen Spotify app (MAC) [in case if you added too many songs] [Recommend to do]
4.Make sure all the songs which added can be played in Spotify (Mac)
5.Make whole new playlists (Recommend using different name from preventing sync error)
6.On Mac, check all the songs in playlist whether they can be played or not.
7.Download playlist on your devices(iPhone)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Suggested posts