Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync music even when on wifi

Can't sync music even when on wifi

For some reason a couple of days ago spotify won't let me sync tracks and/or playlists even when I'm connected to my wifi. I don't have local files because the only music I listen to is music that I get off of Spotify. Sometimes when I try to sync the music so I can listen to it offline a bunch of orange exclamation points show up. Other times the songs are just gray and it doesn't even try to sync the music. I'm prolly just missing something or being just plain dumb about this but any help on this would be appreciated.
13 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you sure there is enough storage space left on your device to download and sync those tracks?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yea I have 4+ GBs and its just a couple of playlists of 20 some songs. It's just weird cos it just started happening. It either greys out or shows those exclamation points when I try to create a new offline playlist or try to turn an existing playlist into one that can play offline.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify?

I can't download my music from spotify. Whenever I click edit from playlist it just give me the option to delete the playlist and nothing else. It doesn't have the download button. Please help!

I can't download my music from spotify which mean i cant listen to the music i have on spotify offline. Whenever I click edit from playlist it just give me the option to delete the playlist and nothing else. It doesn't have the download button. Please help!

@Junjun1997 wrote:
I can't download my music from spotify which mean i cant listen to the music i have on spotify offline. Whenever I click edit from playlist it just give me the option to delete the playlist and nothing else. It doesn't have the download button. Please help!

Do you not have an "Available Offline" slider at the top of the playlist when you open it? 

Peter

Peter

No I don't and I don't know what that is

@Junjun1997 wrote:
No I don't and I don't know what that is

What device are you using? 

There are steps to follow on this help page too, do they help? 

Also, do you have Spotify Premium? 

Peter

Peter

I'm using a iPhone 4S and iPod gen 5.
I checked the steps many times already but it didn't help.
I search spotify premium on iTunes apps store it show spotifynder is the premium. Which I don't think is the premium because the name are completely different but I brought the apps anyway because I fell in love with spotify during my free trial

Also how can I listen to music that I add to my playlist only? Because every time I want to play my playlist it kept saying "only premium user can stream on demand" and it only let me listen to music base on one of the song I selected on my playlist

Ah that is the issue, spotifynder is not the Spotify application, its made by another company. 

The Spotify app you need is this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/spotify/id324684580?mt=8

Once you have installed it, you should be able to follow the instructions above. 

Peter

Peter

That is the app I download but it doesn't give me the option like spotify iOS 4 does. But spotify iOS 4 say I have to have an premium account. I try many times trying to find spotify premium but I couldn't find it

Bro thanks soo much...it works..ive been spending to much time searching of ways to sync the songs but the orange exclamation keeps popping out..I deleted some of my videos to free the space and vola i am to sync the songs..imma happy girl.. 😃

Suggested posts