Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off shuffle play

Solved!

Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

265 Replies

I don't think that this is a solution to the problem at all. Unless I am missing a trick (and I am a Premium customer), the only way to start playing a new album is to presss the big green Shuffle Play button. This puts the album into the tray at the bottom of the screen, from where you can see that, regardless of your setting for the previous album, shuffle play has indeed been selected. Yes, you can deselect it once the album has started playing but 1) you have to repeat this for every new album, and 2) the track that starts is not the first track. This thread started in 2012, and still no action by Spotify. This is s killer for me. Anyone know if there is a better alternative app?

Two years this has been an ongoing customer issue. Disgraceful. Spotify clearly not listening to its paying customers. This has driven me nuts. But what annoys me more is the lack of action from you lot at Spotify. I am going to cancel my subscription and go looking for a competitor right now. Again DISGRACEFUL

This is really annoying!!

Please fix it!

@Rick12346 wrote:

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order?

Solution by Matt Suda:

If you have a premium subscription, you will be able to turn off shuffle in the iPhone app.

If you start playing the song, click the album to open the new play menu, on the bottom left there should be 2 arrows (repeat/shuffle) click shuffle and it will be off

I am a Premium user on Windows Phone and I can't turn Shuffle off, so I'm sorry to say your answer appears to be incorrect.

Open Spotfiy, click where it actually states the Album/Artist name at the bottom of the screen. IE

The Man Who Never Lied

Maroon5

Click that, new screen shows Album Art and Play controls correct? Shuffle button should be to the left of the Back Skip button. Looks like two intertwined arrows. If it's green shuffle is on, if it's gray shuffle is off.

This is the iphone screen cap from Spotify, same thing for Windows but I don't have that second button under shuffle. Just make sure it's not green, but gray/white

B9f4iK-IQAIR6u6.png

I don't think this (tapping the shuffle icon so it goes from green to grey) is the fix either. I have albums that I know back to front what order they should play in and I make sure the shuffle is turned off at the start, but yet Spotify still shuffles my tracks.

NOT COOL SPOTIFY!!!

Don't give me an excuse to go back to Apple. Fix this issue please.

No, for me it plays albums in the proper order once you toggle off the crisscrosses arrows. Just make sure you are starting by pressing play on track 1 rather than enormous shuffle play button at the top where the play button should be. Also, if you added music from your local files (you own collection), make sure you added them in the proper order. I have done that accidentally. Good luck.

Sorry to say but this just does not work. I'm a premium subscriber, and I save a Kendrick Lamar album so I could play offline. When I play it, it plays it out of sequence. I have checked the shuffle is turned off also and it is off. So why does it always do it??

Losing faith with Spotify rapidly.

Any help would be welcome.

I am simply a premium subscriber, as well, and it works for me. Are you listening on your IPhone? Is the album on a playlist or separate album? I would do hard reset of the phone, rule that out. If it's on desktop, make sure you are not sorting by date added/date last played.

I don't know how to find the "I" that u are taking about

I'm seeing similar issues. My albums and playlists are playing out of order. Shuffle is turned off. I've just noticed this in the past week or so.  Also, I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus.

It should definitely be a simple toggle button.

I'm having the same issues as others.
iOS 8/6 Plus.
Not using Green Shuffle Play Button.
Shuffle is off in the now playing window.

Song are still shuffling.

Thanks. Completely forgot for a while.

Are you on Spotify Free or Premium. 

Albums and Songs only are allowed to shuffle on Free, while being allowed to be play freely on Premium.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Ugh! Was 1/4 into teaching a spin class with no time to dicker with it. Sucked! Thanks for your help.

Ok so this is making me really mad.. I just recently got an iPhone and when I'm cleaning my house I always used to use Spotify on my tablet to listen to music now I decided to use my iPhone but the thing is I can't turn off shuffle play and I want to (because I have a HUGE playlist of random songs) so when I tried it said I needed an "Premium" account but I don't see why I'm listening to music offline so why do I need premium!!!! It never was this way on on the android only on IOS... So until I get an answer I'm deleting the app😡😡

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Suggested posts