Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn on my mobile data for Spotify

Solved!

Can't turn on my mobile data for Spotify

Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing a strange issue lately: I can't turn on my mobile data for Spotify (iPhone X, soft. ver. 13.3). I have already tried to turn it on and off repeatedly, to turn on and then off ariplain mode, to restart the iPhone and eventually to delete and reinstall Spotify but none of those worked because just after I close the Settings the switch keeps going back to "off" ; eventually I found myself with the app constantly turned off so that I can't even log in. Is anybody else having this problem? How should I solve it? Is it necessary to contact the closest Apple Store?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Stornibus

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

We agree that contacting the closest Apple Store is also a good idea. The folks there might check it closer and help you as well. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Stornibus

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

We agree that contacting the closest Apple Store is also a good idea. The folks there might check it closer and help you as well. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Thank you Ivan for your suggestion.

Eventually after checking for the iPhone software updates, I got the latest and that solved the problem so I think it was related to the precedent version. 

Thank you anyway for tue support!

Hey @Stornibus,

Thanks for your update and the kind words towards @Ivan's support 🙂 

Glad to hear that what you reported is resolved. 

Don't hesitate to get reach out if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts