Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Play Selected Track in iOS on Spotify ?

Cannot Play Selected Track in iOS on Spotify ?

Hi Guys,

If someone can please give me information on this, I have recently started using Spotify and coming from Apple Music, this is a big shock that I got. Why cant I play a selected song in Spotify for e.g. Someone sent me the other day a Spotify Link with a Track and when I open it in Spotify, It opens the link of the Album of the Artist but when I click to play that particluar song of the Artist, the Shuffle Play button keeps on shaking and does nothing, the same way if I add that Particular song on the Playlist that I have created and when I go back to Play that particular Track in my Playlist the Shuffle Play button keeps shaking and my track does not play ? Does Sotify not play selected song ? How can I play my selected Track on iOS in Spotify ?

5 Replies

Hey @augustya, thanks for your post here!

With Spotify Free on iPhone, you are able to shuffle your playlists. On Spotify Premium you can listen to your favourite tunes whenever you want. Take a look here for more information on Premium:

SpotifyPremium_twitter.png

If you haven't had a trial before, you might be eligible for one. Take a look at Spotify.com/premium for more information.

Keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Hubo wrote:

Hey @augustya, thanks for your post here!

With Spotify Free on iPhone, you are able to shuffle your playlists. On Spotify Premium you can listen to your favourite tunes whenever you want. Take a look here for more information on Premium:

SpotifyPremium_twitter.png

If you haven't had a trial before, you might be eligible for one. Take a look at Spotify.com/premium for more information.

Keep rocking! 🙂

Yes, but on an iPad and PC I can replay as many times the selected song saved in my Playlist, are you saying this feature is not available for free user in iPhone ? So how is it working on iPad and PC even for the free account ?

Hey @augustya, thanks for your question!

Spotify Free on mobile is a bit different from Spotify Free on desktop and on tablets. There's more information about this here. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just use YouTube.  I don't know why spotify  does this.  I enjoy using their desktop version. Listening to full albums or individual songs is available that way with ads.

I won't use spotify on a mobile device unless they change app.  All it does is play songs I don't want to hear. I might as well just listen to the radio.

@DaveB123 wrote:

Just use YouTube.  I don't know why spotify  does this.  I enjoy using their desktop version. Listening to full albums or individual songs is available that way with ads.

I won't use spotify on a mobile device unless they change app.  All it does is play songs I don't want to hear. I might as well just listen to the radio.

Yes, I wonder why Spotify has this kind of arrangement for its iOS APP when all the other Competitors like Apple Music, Tidal etc...Do not have any such restriction. But having said for my kind of Music genre as you rightly pointed out Spotify Radio is better than the others. I can give some point to Spotify just for the Radio.

Suggested posts