Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot add songs to playlist (obscured (+) button) in Spotify 8.5.33.705 for iPad OS (iOS 13)

Solved!

Cannot add songs to playlist (obscured (+) button) in Spotify 8.5.33.705 for iPad OS (iOS 13)

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iPad Pro 10" (2017)

Operating System

iPad OS (iOS 13)

My Question or Issue

I cannot add a song to a playlist from search results on my iPad because the search results are shifted over. You cannot see or access the (+) button to add a song. :o(

Repro Steps

1. Select an existing playlist with the iPad in landscape orientation

2. Tap "ADD SONGS" to bring up the search sheet

3. Search for "Remember Torwalt"

4. Try to add the song to the playlist

Expected result: I can tap the (+) button to add the song to the playlist.

Actual result: I cannot see the (+) button to add the song, because the button is obscured and cannot be tapped. The search results are offset too far to the right, clipped by the edge of the search sheet. (See screenshots)

The problem occurs in the latest version of Spotify 8.5.33.705, which I installed today after observing the problem in an older version I had installed last month. If the problem is in native code the problem may have existed for months, as I do not have auto-updates turned on, and the last time I tried to add a song to a playlist on my iPad would have been months ago on a much older version and probably on iOS 11.

Workaround: If you make Spotify resize to fit a more narrow iPhone-like shape in split-screen mode, then close and re-open the search sheet, the sheet and results are sized and offset properly. (See workaround screenshot.)

broken iPad search results - no plus button.jpg
workaround - splitscreen search results sized correctly.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @crunchfrog,

We just wanted to confirm that this is an issue which we're already looking into. There's a separate Ongoing Issue thread for it here.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Make sure to be on iPadOS 13.3 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Dear Loxer,

I did a clean re-install of the app (deleted v8.5.33.703; installed v8.5.34.644).

I installed iPadOS 3.3 (previously I had iPadOS 3.1.3).

Neither action affected the spuriously over-wide search results view when I try to "Add Songs" to a Playlist.

This problem has probably existed for some time on iPad.

Separate bug: Spotify also crashed once when I tried to resize the app larger from split-screen to full-screen size when dismissing another app from split-screen mode.

Thanks,

-Bill

Marked as solution

Hey @crunchfrog,

We just wanted to confirm that this is an issue which we're already looking into. There's a separate Ongoing Issue thread for it here.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!

Thank you Peter. My issue is certainly a dupe of this problem. Thanks for pointing it out! I’ll link the two.

would it be appropriate to accept your answer as the “solution” (i.e. this issue is a dupe)?

Thanks

Suggested posts