iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

PLEASE HELP UNPLAYABLE SONG

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1My Question or IssueThere is a specific song i want to play that shows as unplayable but when i touch it to try and play it i get a pop up that says " SONG NOT DOWNLOADED" "If...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.1 My Question or Issue There is a specific song i want to play that shows as unplayable but when i touch...
  • bsmith231523
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot undo “Don’t play this song”.

This is ridiculous. I have scoured the web for over an hour trying to find a solution, with zero luck. You apparently can undo this on an Android, but not on an iPhone? You cannot put a button right next to the Skip button that PERMANENTLY and IRREVE...

• This is ridiculous. I have scoured the web for over an hour trying to find a solution, with zero luck. You apparently can undo this on an Android, but not on an iPhone? You cannot put a button right ...
  • haziqrayyan
  • 1 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 15 likes

Daily Mix stream or play from library?

My Question or Issue -When I am listening to one of my "Daily Mixes" and a song being played is IN MY DOWNLOADED content, is it playing it from my library or streaming it?

•   My Question or Issue - When I am listening to one of my "Daily Mixes" and a song being played is IN MY DOWNLOADED content, is it playing it from my library or streaming it?  
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how to allow spotify while disabling play store and safari on ipod touch

The Content and Privacy Restrictions settings in Ipod Touch disables Spotify. Is there away to select these restrictions while allowing Spotify to remain?

• Casual Listener
  • The Content and Privacy Restrictions settings in Ipod Touch disables Spotify. Is there away to select these restrictions while allowing Spotify to remain?
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS Family: can' play my music when another familly member listens to Spotify

Hi everyone, when I play my music (eg in my car) and my wife or kids play music as well on their devices, I can't play my music any more and my Spotify app forces me to play my wife's music! How can we play our own music ?

• Regular
  • Hi everyone, when I play my music (eg in my car) and my wife or kids play music as well on their devices, I can't play my music any more and my Spotify app forces me to play my wife's music! How can ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listing songs under "Artist" in alphabetical order

Plan PremiumCountry AustraliaDevice(iPhone 10)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue I am new to Spotify so apologies if this has been asked previously. On the iPhone, i can't see how to list songs in alphabetica order after selecting "Artist"...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device (iPhone 10) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  I am new to Spotify so apologies if this has been asked previously.&nbsp...
  • iustinr
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Car Play Playlists sorting in Spotify- SOLVED

Hi guys, I found a workaround regarding the proper sorting of Spotify playlists in Apple Car Play, where there are no options to sort (by name or by date).Apparently it always defaults to Custom sorting, which can ONLY be changed in the Spotify app i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   I found a workaround regarding the proper sorting of Spotify playlists in Apple Car Play, where there are no options to sort (by name or by date). Apparently it always defaults to ...
  • alchn
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Apple Car Play
    Playlists
    sorting
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Added songs

Hi, i added loads of songs last night to what I assumed was songs by pressing the + button. However when I went into songs there was only an approx 7 songs of the 50 I had added. Just wondering where these went as I don’t have a favourites of starred...

•   Hi,  i added loads of songs last night to what I assumed was songs by pressing the + button. However when I went into songs there was only an approx 7 songs of the 50 I had added. Just ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play locally produced songs in my own country?

Hiya, I'm on a Family Premium Plan from the Philippines with the following OS: iOS 12.1 (iPhone 6) I'm having a problem accessing music that is produced in my own country. I can access the Playlist, but on Web Player the tracks are grey-ed out... Web...

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 13.33.25.png IMG_6642.PNG
  •   Hiya, I'm on a Family Premium Plan from the Philippines with the following OS: iOS 12.1 (iPhone 6)    I'm having a problem accessing music that is produced in my own country....
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account settings
    Country music
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are some musics and album can be found in the PC version but not the mobile apps?

PlanFreeCountry Hong KongDeviceiPhone 6s Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Some music like the old songs of Mayday before 2003 are able to be found in desktop version of spotify but not in my iPhone playlist.

• Plan Free Country  Hong Kong Device iPhone 6s  Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Some music like the old songs of Mayday before 2003 are able to be found i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling/popping on bass notes

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue On certain songs that have certain bass notes I hear a crackling or popping sound for a split second. It only happens on those notes. I love bass and so ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  On certain songs that have certain bass notes I hear a crackling or...
  • taranclan
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Let us customize playlists (picture and description) from the app!

We have had the ability to customize playlists like this on the desktop app for a while, but they haven't made the leap to the mobile app. It would be nice to be able to change the picture or rewrite a description on the go, especially since not all ...

• We have had the ability to customize playlists like this on the desktop app for a while, but they haven't made the leap to the mobile app. It would be nice to be able to change the picture or rewrite...
  • izzyxmartinez
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Accidentally 'disliking' song from radio removes that song with no way to bring it back

Especially when the radio was created for that song. PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Accidentally 'disliking' song from radio removes that song with no way to bring it back...

• Regular
  • Especially when the radio was created for that song.   Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone X Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Questio...
  • nitesoul
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App has un-downloaded all previously downloaded music

PlanPremiumCountryunited kingdom My Question or Issuetoday when I tried to open my app. It had logged me out and all of my downloaded playlists and albums had been undownloaded. Ive paid for premium use because I need it for work so how do I stop thi...

• Plan Premium Country united kingdom      My Question or Issue today when I tried to open my app. It had logged me out and all of my downloaded playlists and albums had been undo...
  • iustinr
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Watch Workout app conflicts with Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone XS, Apple Watch Series 4)Operating System(iOS 12.1, watchOS 5.1.1) My Question or Issue When I'm using the Spotify app on the Apple Watch, I am no longer prompted to "Record a Workout" if I've been walking for 10+ min...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone XS, Apple Watch Series 4) Operating System (iOS 12.1, watchOS 5.1.1)   My Question or Issue  When I'm using the Spotify app on the Apple...
  • izzyxmartinez
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
    iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad/iPhone device finding

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone 5S, iPad 4th GebOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueRecently, my iPad 'More Devices' seems to have been disabled and I cannot locate all the Apple TVs and Spotify Connect devices on my network, only the same 2...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device iPhone 5S, iPad 4th Geb Operating System iOS 10  My Question or Issue Recently, my iPad 'More Devices' seems to have been disabled and I cannot loca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DISLIKED tracks

PlanPremiumCountry Canada DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemLatest iOS My Question or Issue SPOTIFY PLEASE make the dislike button add all tracks to a playlist called DISLIKED TRACKS or something so it’s reversible.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada  Device iPhone X Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue  SPOTIFY PLEASE make the dislike button add all tracks to a playlist cal...
  • hussamguru
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Guest mode

I think it would be awesome for a guest mode feature to be on spotify. Sometimes it gets annoying how when someone wants to play a song in spotify and you give then your phone and they start looking through all your playlists and songs. A guest mode ...

• I think it would be awesome for a guest mode feature to be on spotify. Sometimes it gets annoying how when someone wants to play a song in spotify and you give then your phone and they start looking ...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Podcast not playing

PlanPremiumCountry United States DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issue When clicking on the Spitting chiclets podcast, it always pops up that an error has occurred. Trying to listen

• Plan Premium Country  United States  Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS    My Question or Issue  When clicking on the Spitting chiclets podcast, it always pops up...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How to make Spotify continue playing in Honda odyssey

Hey guys, first post here! I've been using premium Spotify for a few years and it's been amazing. In my last car, I had a pioneer head unit that I had my iPod touch connected to via USB/iPod integration. When I would play Spotify, then turn the car o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, first post here! I've been using premium Spotify for a few years and it's been amazing. In my last car, I had a pioneer head unit that I had my iPod touch connected to via USB/iPod integrat...
  • PigeonXtreme
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes