Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

IPad streaming to Marantz SR7012 using Spotify Connect broken

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPad Air 2Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueHi!I have been listening to Spotify on my iPad, lately, so I haven’t been streaming the music to my home theater for a while. When trying to do so during the last...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPad Air 2 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Hi! I have been listening to Spotify on my iPad, lately, so I haven’t been streaming ...
  • debabrata
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist within a playlist search function not working.

I am trying to filter my own created playlist on the iOS version of the spotify app. I only want to listen to all the songs I have by a certain artist in my playlists. When I go to my playlists and tab over to the artist section it does not bring up ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to filter my own created playlist on the iOS version of the spotify app. I only want to listen to all the songs I have by a certain artist in my playlists. When I go to my playlists and t...
  • DHughez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

“You have no playable songs” message just in my mobile

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoOperating SystemiOS My Question or Issue“you have no playable songs by (artist)” appears when I look for my songs in the artist section on my library in my mobile device. But I can see them in my laptop or play the songs from ...

D6636913-B72A-480D-84A0-62B931D89566.png A876F173-9668-41C3-B9AF-8EE2A78AD520.png
  •   Plan Premium Country México Operating System iOS  My Question or Issue “you have no playable songs by (artist)” appears when I look for my songs in the artist section on my librar...
  • JimJam4
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play not a true shuffle

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 13.0 (Beta) My Question or IssueI have a playlist on my account that I frequently add 10-15 songs to per day. After adding a group of songs to this playlist, the next time I tap "Shuffle Pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 13.0 (Beta)   My Question or Issue I have a playlist on my account that I frequently add 10-15 songs to per day.&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Nike Training Club app Integration

I have Spotify premium and used to enjoy listening to my playlists when using the Nike run club app for a run in Canada. Suddenly The app is not allowing me to select my own playlists as it immediately changes back to “no music.” I’ve tried reinstall...

• I have Spotify premium and used to enjoy listening to my playlists when using the Nike run club app for a run in Canada. Suddenly The app is not allowing me to select my own playlists as it immediate...
  • s_9nq-ura0gkg
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 18 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Favorite songs organized by artist ,shows songs in alphabetical order

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1Spotify Version8.5.15.681My Question or IssueHi everyone! I would really appreciate some help:The spotify app on my iPhone shows my Favorite songs that are organized by artist in a...

IMG_2363.PNG sccscs.PNG
  • Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Austria Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.3.1 Spotify Version 8.5.15.681 My Question or Issue Hi everyone! I would really appreciate some help: The...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account and still is shuffling

How the **bleep** do i get the albums to play in order without shuffling?! Ive toggled the shuffle icon back to grey and have been researching this for a week and still cant figure it out.

• Casual Listener
  • How the **bleep** do i get the albums to play in order without shuffling?!  Ive toggled the shuffle icon back to grey and have been researching this for a week and still cant figure it out.
  • PatrickM1980
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art missing

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI open Spotify, go to playlists, and discover that all the playlist covers, albums, and song art are missing. I tried logging in and out, re-downloading the app, shutting ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I open Spotify, go to playlists, and discover that all the playlist covers, albums, and song ar...
  • anjali_shetty
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue management is awful

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI can't figure out how to delete a queue when I want to play something new. For example, I'll...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I can't...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

Weird Jump from Playlist to unselected Brazilian Music

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUK Device(iPhone 7Operating System(iOS 12 My Question or Issue This is very odd. When my wife selects a playlist including ones she has downloaded and the first song ends it jumps to a completely different genre/country in mo...

• Regular
  • Plan Family Premium Country UK   Device (iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue   This is very odd. When my wife selects a playlist including ones she has...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

The new iOS update is unusable - not able to view artists

The new update makes it incredibly difficult to listen to a variety of music in my expansive library that I have curated over many years - I can't simply see a list of artists whose music I have liked or saved offline. I found a website that has help...

• Casual Listener
  • The new update makes it incredibly difficult to listen to a variety of music in my expansive library that I have curated over many years - I can't simply see a list of artists whose music I have like...
  • blkdg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Alphabetical Quick Scrollbar

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueThe alphabetical scrollbar to quickly jump to different songs/artists on the side of the screen is no longer available. This is a large inconvenience for listening to li...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue The alphabetical scrollbar to quickly jump to different songs/artists on the side of the scre...
  • Vanloubbeecky
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes

Ayuda

Cuento con la cuenta Premium, preo desde hace algunos meses es imposible que me funcione Spotify si no estoy conectado a una red WiFi.. solo puedo escuchar la musica que he descargado. Mientras que la otra no debido a que siempre me figura "sin conex...

• Cuento con la cuenta Premium, preo desde hace algunos meses es imposible que me funcione Spotify si no estoy conectado a una red WiFi.. solo puedo escuchar la musica que he descargado. Mientras que l...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo abrir ni descargar la app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceIphone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueNo puedo abrir la app, no la veo instalada en mi celular y cuando entro al apple store para descargarla no me aparece la opcion de download , me aparece la de Open y s...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Iphone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue No puedo abrir la app, no la veo instalada en mi celular y cuando entro al apple store...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat Button is missing

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDevice Iphone 6 SOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueCan’t find the repeat button anywhere, its not in the top right corner when i view the currently playing songs so i can’t listen to the song i want. Please Fix. I’ve ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device Iphone 6 S Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Can’t find the repeat button anywhere, its not in the top right corner when i view the curre...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • repeat button
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t rewind, pause, or scroll unless i’m in the app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueSo, whenever i’m playing music, I usually just have it playing in the background. However, whenever I turn lock my phone, none of the controls on the home screen work and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue So, whenever i’m playing music, I usually just have it playing in the background. However, when...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble downloading a Podcast

So I've been trying to download the GiantBomb cast. Between this week and last week I have not been able to download it. Has anyone else had this problem? Its wierd because I am able to download any other podcast except the Giantbomb. And off topic b...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've been trying to download the GiantBomb cast. Between this week and last week  I have not been able to download it. Has anyone else had this problem? Its wierd because I am able to downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't the app do things that the desktop version can?

I have an extremely simple question I'd like answering: Why can't the app do what the desktop version can?(e.g. put playlists into folders)

• Music Fan
  • I have an extremely simple question I'd like answering:   Why can't the app do what the desktop version can? (e.g. put playlists into folders)
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect erratic behaviour

Since a couple of days is spotify connect very erratic, sometimes is shows up in the device list, somethime it disappears. PlanFree/PremiumCountryThe netherlands DeviceDevialet phantom Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueSince a couple of da...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a couple of days is spotify connect very erratic, sometimes is shows up in the device list, somethime it disappears.    Plan Free/Premium Country The netherlands   Device ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes