Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify connect erratic behaviour

Since a couple of days is spotify connect very erratic, sometimes is shows up in the device list, somethime it disappears. PlanFree/PremiumCountryThe netherlands DeviceDevialet phantom Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueSince a couple of da...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a couple of days is spotify connect very erratic, sometimes is shows up in the device list, somethime it disappears.    Plan Free/Premium Country The netherlands   Device ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not-ifications

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI'm not getting notifications on my iPhone and Spotify says that everything is good on thei...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I'm not ge...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Title in Queue

why are there always the same two titles in my queue even if i deleted them!i already uninstall the Spotify app on my iPhone, but nothing works!after every start, i start playing some music and the next titele is always the same, that‘s sad!

• Visitor
  • why are there always the same two titles in my queue even if i deleted them! i already uninstall the Spotify app on my iPhone, but nothing works! after every start, i start playing some music and t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All my playlists are empty

Hi, I have 83 playlists on my Mac with the Spotify application.When I play Spotify on my iPad or iPhone all the playlists are empty. Except the "Starred" playlist. I reinstal the app, reboot the iPad and iPhone, the problem is still here.Best regards...

• Hi, I have 83 playlists on my Mac with the Spotify application. When I play Spotify on my iPad or iPhone all the playlists are empty. Except the "Starred" playlist.  I reinstal the app, reboot...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just wanted to say thanks

...for bringing back the alphabetical select in the albums view on IOS. You saved my Spotify experience with that one small change!

• ...for bringing back the alphabetical select in the albums view on IOS. You saved my Spotify experience with that one small change!
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS] Followed artists in daily mix

When I used the free version I got daily mixes that included the artists I like and new artists and songs that Spotify though I may like. It was great, I really liked it, so I upgraded to Premium. But in the Premium account the daily mixes are not ba...

• When I used the free version I got daily mixes that included the artists I like and new artists and songs that Spotify though I may like.  It was great, I really liked it, so I upgraded to Premi...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Problem

Hello I'm using Spotify premium on my iPhone 8 and on my Mac. Since a few days ago, whenever I enter a playlist that I made and start playing a song, it plays the song and then when the first song ends, the next song it plays is a song outside of my ...

• Visitor
  • Hello   I'm using Spotify premium on my iPhone 8 and on my Mac.   Since a few days ago, whenever I enter a playlist that I made and start playing a song, it plays the song and then when...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not able to control volume via iphone locked screen/nor in spotify application

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.4 (even previous it did not work) My Question or IssueI have connected spotify via AVR Denon x2500h and using iphone ( just updated iOS 12.4), Spotify app ver. 8.5.18.851 (just updated). ...

• Visitor
  •     Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.4 (even previous it did not work)   My Question or Issue I have connected spotify via AVR Denon x2...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken Alarm Clock with Bluetooth Headphones

Hello I discovered an error with the build in iOS alarm clock app. It will play no sound when the Spotify app is open in background. Steps to reproduce:Listen to music with Bose QC35 II Bluetooth Headphones -> Start a call over the headphones -> end ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I discovered an error with the build in iOS alarm clock app. It will play no sound when the Spotify app is open in background.    Steps to reproduce: Listen to music with ...
  • 0x0soir
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Start playing next podcast automatically

I often listen to podcasts while driving to work and listened to podcasts via the Podcast app on iOS.I recently switched to Spotify for my podcasts but I noticed that in Spotify it won't start the next podcast automatically when the previous one is f...

• Casual Listener
  • I often listen to podcasts while driving to work and listened to podcasts via the Podcast app on iOS. I recently switched to Spotify for my podcasts but I noticed that in Spotify it won't start th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Sync Problem

I have spent upwards of 8 hours attempting to fix a problem with Spotify.I am unable to sync local files between my Windows 10 PC and iPhone.Solutions I have tried:Uninstalling and re-installing both versions, updating to most recent versions, revert...

• I have spent upwards of 8 hours attempting to fix a problem with Spotify. I am unable to sync local files between my Windows 10 PC and iPhone. Solutions I have tried: Uninstalling and re-installin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranger Things Mode - Australia 2019

Plan - PremiumAustralia Device - (iPhone XS MaxOperating System - IOS 12.4 My Question - i was wondering if the Stranger Things Playback option is still available in Australia? I can’t seem to locate it under “playback”. Thanks

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Australia   Device - (iPhone XS Max Operating System - IOS 12.4    My Question -    i was wondering if the Stranger Things Playback option i...
  • Teamzissou
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

stranger things mode not an otion...

iphone xs and all current updates applied...i do not even see an option for "stranger things" mode....am i missing something or is it gone now?? i cant find it on any of my devices.....Iphoneipadmacbook airmacbook pro Thanks--RX

• Casual Listener
  • iphone xs and all current updates applied...i do not even see an option for "stranger things" mode....am i missing something or is it gone now??  i cant find it on any of my devices..... Iphone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs not saved in iPhone storage

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone SE My Question or IssueI was able to play songs in my car by connecting the USB cable to my phone through Spotify as they were saved in my storage. However, all of a sudden, it shows me that I have 0 songs in my s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone SE   My Question or Issue I was able to play songs in my car by connecting the USB cable to my phone through Spotify as they were saved in my st...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone volume set to full when listening on computer

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 12) Hello, When I am listening to spotify on my computer and I have the spotify app runing in the background on my iphone, it will set the iPhone volume to match the volume slider on the deskt...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 12)   Hello,   When I am listening to spotify on my computer and I have the spotify app runing in the background ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How do i filter downloads in the Artist Tab?

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XR Operating SystemiOS 12.3 My Question or IssueYou can filter downloads playlists and albums, but you cant filter artists (which is what I mainly use?). I have so many so its a nightmare having to scroll through. I l...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone XR  Operating System iOS 12.3   My Question or Issue You can filter downloads playlists and albums, but you cant filter artists (whic...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • downloads
    filter
    Update
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Followed Artist disappearing

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3.2 My Question or IssueI’m new to Spotify so I’m not sure if this is usual. But some of the artists I follow and appear on my list disappear after a while and I check back on the artist and it says tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3.2   My Question or Issue I’m new to Spotify so I’m not sure if this is usual. But some of the artists I follow and appear on my lis...
  • Jonathan-c2714
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Wireless speakers

I have an iphone X running in the most recent update on the system and I also update my spotify regularly. My issue is I can’t find my sonos speakers on “other devices” when I want to listen to music through it. I used to be able to do it but just so...

• Visitor
  • I have an iphone X running in the most recent update on the system and I also update my spotify regularly.   My issue is I can’t find my sonos speakers on “other devices” when I want to listen...
  • heer2351
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Screen Staying On

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueUp until about a month ago, I would plug my iPhone into my car's stereo and Spotify would stay up, allowing me to easily change songs, see album artwork, etc. Now I ha...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Up until about a month ago, I would plug my iPhone into my car's stereo and Spotify would s...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Following artists.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueWhy do I have to repeatedly keep following many artists I’ve already followed. I suspected it a long time ago, but just confirmed it when I go to ‘Your Library ‘ t...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device IPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Why do I have to repeatedly keep following many artists I’ve already followed. I suspec...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes