Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notifications don‘t work

Solved!

Notifications don‘t work

I do not get any kind of notifications. I have turned on everything, E-Mail and Push and do not get any. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @faeb

Which type of notifications were you looking to get?

Most of the notification settings listed under "Your Music" such as "recommended music, playlist updates, artist updates" no longer work.

If you have "new music" turned on, you will get an email every Friday with a link to your personalized Release Radar playlist. If you have "concert notifications" turned on then every once in a while you will get an email with some upcoming concerts playing by you from artists you listen to.

Unfortunately Spotify hasn't sent out mobile push notificaitons at all for the last 2 years or so. I think they should remove the settings and clean it up if there aren't notifications being sent out.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @faeb

Which type of notifications were you looking to get?

Most of the notification settings listed under "Your Music" such as "recommended music, playlist updates, artist updates" no longer work.

If you have "new music" turned on, you will get an email every Friday with a link to your personalized Release Radar playlist. If you have "concert notifications" turned on then every once in a while you will get an email with some upcoming concerts playing by you from artists you listen to.

Unfortunately Spotify hasn't sent out mobile push notificaitons at all for the last 2 years or so. I think they should remove the settings and clean it up if there aren't notifications being sent out.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Matt!

Thanks a lot! That has answered my question. Funny this notification settings exists even if they do not have any sense then. 

Have a good day! 🙂

faeb

You're welcome!

I agree, I think it's confusing. Hopefully Spotify will improve the notifications settings in the future so that it only shows options that currently work.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I am in constant amazement of how little Spotify understands their value prop & competitive advantage. Receiving a notification when my wife adds a song to a romantic collaborative playlist or an old college buddy puts a new Rock Band song he discovered (getting harder and harder by the year) is the strength of the platform. Marking this issue "Solved" is misleading. Notification setting need to be fixed and I should be able curate which ones I want to see. I would love to hear from the Spotify team that made this decision...is it the same one that in a vacuum removed the Android Widget? Or decided to randomly censor artists (like that was going to go over well) 

Hey there @ChiToATX,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, have you made sure that the relevant notifications are enabled from your Spotify account's settings?

If you're receiving the email updates but having troubles seeing the push notifications on your mobile device, we'd also recommend making sure that you have allowed notifications for the Spotify app in your phone settings.

There's more info on managing the notifications you get in this support site article.

On another note, bear in mind that posts marked as solution make it easier for other users with a similar issue to come across a helpful thread and find the related information. If you notice that the content of a post marked as solution is outdated or incorrect, you can always report it to us by clicking the three dots next to it and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

@faeb: keep in mind that push notifications should work on the mobile app. If you're having troubles receiving any, it'd be a good idea taking a look at the allowed notifications of the Spotify app in your phone settings.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts