Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot download Spotify app iPhone 6s

Solved!

Cannot download Spotify app iPhone 6s

Hi,

I recently purchased an iPhone 6s, backed up my old 5s via iCloud and successfully restored it on new iPhone. All the apps downloaded apart from Spotify, I have tried to delete it as the little app logo had been generated but it would keep telling me 'unable to download - Spotify could not be downloaded at this time' it has been saying this for two days now. Is anybody else have the same issue? If so have you resolved it? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved. I deleted any Spotify app that was in a 'waiting' state then did a hard reset (home + power button until apple logo displayed )

View solution in original post

18 Replies

I've got the same problem! Don't know why it's happening but I've tried everything. Still can't get it to download.

Same problem here 😞
Is apple trying to make us all use their music service

Same problem too - driving me mad! Tried everything, I even backed mine up from the Mac because iCloud was taking hours and it's still knocked Spotify out. Now facing a 2 hour drive without music in the car...!

Ditto. Tried direct download from App Store and installing by copying across from iTunes. App won't download from store and iTunes install gets stuck on 'waiting'.

I just upgraded the iOS on my iPhone 5 and now I can't download the app. Tried restarting and deleting the app altogether. It's just not compatible with the iOS or something.
Marked as solution

Solved. I deleted any Spotify app that was in a 'waiting' state then did a hard reset (home + power button until apple logo displayed )

Mine still won't work 😞 I hope they sort this out soon as I'm on a 12 hour flight tomorrow without music otherwise!

Same here; problem not solved. And I'm on a flight tomorrow too...

Hello everyone,

I have tried the hard reset and it has finally downloaded. Make sure you press power off and home button hard for 5+ seconds, the phone should restart automatically. Note: if you have to turn your phone on straight after that means the hard reset did not work. So try again. Thanks

Thanks Hawsey and Metropia. Tried the hard reset a couple of times but still no joy. Will watch twitter for an response from Spotify Central...

Got new iPhone 6s this afternoon...Even after the iOS 9.0.1 upgrade still no joy I'm afraid

Please note that this is what I did but looking online this is actually referred to as a Soft Reset, not a hard reset.

This is happening across different iPhone devices. I'm on an iphone 4 and having the same problem, and someone else in this thread is on iPhone 5. There are several other posts regarding this issue. I tried the proposed reset solution but it is not working for me of most of the other users.

Is it therefore possible for the original poster to drop the iphone 6 part of the title and unmark this as solved so that it comes to the attention of Spotify staff?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I cannot change the case back to unresolved.

I understand the fustration but the reset did work for me (iPhone 6s). It's also worth noting that I completely reset my old phone (5s) so that I would not essentially have two Spotify's active. Maybe try this too...?

If anyone knows how to change the case status, please let me know as I am happy to do it. Also I'm not sure how to change the title of post so if someone could adviser would be grateful. Thanks all

I'm on iPod 5 and it won't work. I updated to ios 9 on friday and now when i try to download the app it says it cannot be downloaded at this time. I tried it with itunes on my computer and it still woudn't work/ Ive tried the reset and that hasn't worked, so I tweeted @SpotifyCares to see if they could help and they just said "If you try later it should work nicely" 😕

I deleted it and then tried again on 4G rather than Wifi and it just sorted itself out in the end - worth a go on 4G if you can!

Just tried the same and is downloading over 3G now. Will take forever to
download! Wonder why it's not working over wifi?

Thanks for sharing!

What do I do if I can't get 3G or 4G though? 😕

Suggested posts