Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot get local files to download onto iphone

Cannot get local files to download onto iphone

I have tried everything I can think of. I've never had this problem before but my local files aren't downloading at all. they appear on my playlist on my macbook but when i download the playlist the arow symbol doesn't go away from my local files but it says that the playlist is completely dowloaded. The local files then won't show up on my iphone. Please help!!!

7 Replies

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Nothing even shows up on my iPhone. I've messaged SpotifyCares a lot and they've told me everything under the sun (most of which I already did) to no avail. Very frustrating.

What fixed this for me is setting the “show unplayable songs” option to ON and then downloading the playlists. Also, unbeknownst to me, I was having internet trouble. But everything is working on my end now. 

Where is the "show songs unplayable option"? 

I am having major trouble with local files as well. I created a playlist for them, which shows up on the phone and also shows the number of songs supposed to be on it, but there are no songs in sight. All download buttons are on. 

I have tried pretty much everything: firewall settings, wifi settings, different wifi for both devices, hotspot, restarting both devices, forgeting and reconnecting with wifi on both devices, restarting both devices, using the USB cable to connect..... 

I figured it out after SO LONG of working on it! I connected my laptop to my phone's hotspot, and on my phone went into settings --> music quality and toggled "Download Using Cellular" to ON. Then it started downloading right away! Hopefully this might help you as well.

I did try this as well, which didn't work, but I ended up figuring it out! Thanks.

I try this occasionally and it never works.

Is there another app people use to make playlists with local songs that isn't iTunes or Spotify?

This problem has persisted for years, I see threads going back 4-5 years.

If I could make a playlist in Dropbox I would just use that Dropbox always works. 😞

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular reinstall? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. This usually tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Always make sure your devices are connected to the same network when working with local files

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Suggested posts