Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot open or download Spotify on iphone 7

Cannot open or download Spotify on iphone 7

Hi

Since the beginning of this week I cannot open Spotify app on my phone. The problem started when I tried to download the latest update. Since then it looks like the app had been stuck in the downloading process.

I deleted the app and now when I try to redownload it, it is once again stuck in downloading.

I've attached a picture of the indication I get when I try to download.

Any advise on how I can fix this?
IMG_1820.PNG
3 Replies

hey there @DiMas30,

• first i'd suggest you uninstall the app, restart your device(s) and then re-install.
  • next, you can sign out of all devices here.
  • make sure your device is updated

Hi @crematedman,

I had already uninstalled the app from my phone because it couldn't update and was stuck in download mode. Since I removed it I cannot redownload it.

I tried all the steps you suggested but still no improvement.

Goodbye premium I guess...

@DiMas30 it's possible some existing files are preventing a clean re-install

the quickest way to contact spotify directly is via here or @SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter.

if you let them know as much as you can about your problem - your operating system, spotify version, how you're connecting (i.e. wifi), how long you've had this issue, and the steps you've taken to resolve it - they should be able to have a look on their end and sort this out ASAP ^-^ they can reimburse you for the service you missed out on through uninstalling

Suggested posts