Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot play downloaded music unless connected to wifi

Solved!

Cannot play downloaded music unless connected to wifi

Plan Family 

Free/Premium  Premium 

Country. UK

Device

(iPad Pro 2018

Operating System

(iOS 13.7

My Question or Issue

I download music and have selected option to play offline enabled.

However for some stupid bizarre reason it forces me to connect to wifi first in order to start the playback. Once it's started I can go out of wifi range (and even then wifi off) and it will happily continue as offline but I cannot simply start it offline. Crazy bizarre and stupid...... Spotify that is, not I.

I have tried the uninstall, re-install tricks but all to no avail. Offline is not really offline.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Pridepark1997,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. Good job on checking first whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't fix things, could you try logging in with a friend or family members account and letting us know if you could replicate the issue? We'd also appreciate it if you check whether specific playlists or your whole collection is affected. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Pridepark1997,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. Good job on checking first whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't fix things, could you try logging in with a friend or family members account and letting us know if you could replicate the issue? We'd also appreciate it if you check whether specific playlists or your whole collection is affected. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, it seems to have worked, in the house at least. I will need test further away from any wifi signal
Thank you

Hi @Pridepark1997

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts