Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot play my radio stations on iPad

Cannot play my radio stations on iPad

Hi, Spotify works fine on Windows but when I select Radio on my iPad I cannot play any of my stations. When I select a station it finds tracks similar to the station I selected but I can't just play the saved station. I have tried reinstalling, clearing cache etc but still the same. Can anyone please help?
11 Replies

@Whitbyweather Is there an error message? Able to provide a screenshot and upload it here?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thank you for your reply, there is no error message, but there is no radio window offering suggestions, just a row of "your stations". Working on a screen shot! 

Here is a screenshot, as you can see the track playing isn't one of the stations!
image.jpg

@Whitbyweather Just hit the album art at the bottom and click on the radio icon, and thats it! It will appear and work!
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Yes, I see that, and I can then scroll through the suggested tracks, but I cannot play the radio stations I have already made which appear on the main page. I hope I have explained that ok, many thanks for your time.When I touch on the existing stations it just suggests similar tracks, even when I click on the text below the art work.

@Whitbyweather

Let me see if I'm getting this right:

SCENARIO 1:

Does your created radio stations work fine for your other devices? iPhone/Android or Desktop?

If it does, you might have to follow this steps for a clean reinstallation (I do not know what steps you followed or did, but this is my guide to flush it out 100%):

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

SCENARIO 2:

If the radio stations you created cannot work on any of your devices that have Spotify installed, follow this steps to delete your radio stations and create again:

Radio stations you created can be deleted. Hover over a station in the desktop client or web player to show the "X" delete button. Long tap on the mobile app to pop up the delete option.

Let us know!

I'm here to shuffle!

Many thanks Jeremy, everything is fine on my laptop, so I will try again at reinstalling Spotify on the iPad. I will let you know how it goes! 🙂

@Whitbyweather great will hear back from you then.
I'm here to shuffle!

Well I have reloaded the app just as you suggested and there is no difference I am afraid. There is only one touch function associated with each radio station and that is to seek for similar tracks. There is no way I can see to play the stations I have already created on the iPad, although it is fine in Windows. Many thanks for your help Jeremy, any other thoughts would be most gratefully accepted!

@Whitbyweather

Can you contact Spotify Support to reset your Radio Stations?

I would advice you to contact a Spotify Advisor through the link below, and if you receive an automated reply, just reply back to that email (its for spam prevention purposes) and you should get a reply within max 1 to 2 business days.
https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

I'm here to shuffle!

Thanks for all your help Jeremy, I just tried it on my wife's iPad and it is just the same. I will email support.

Best wishes, Chris

Suggested posts