Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Why is spotify doing this and how do I stop it?

Spotify is great, At $9.99 a month I can listen to pretty much whatever I want. I've built up quite the library of songs on top of songs that I have previously purchased. But this library I've built up has been of all non-live versions of songs, or t...

• Gig Goer
  • Spotify is great, At $9.99 a month I can listen to pretty much whatever I want. I've built up quite the library of songs on top of songs that I have previously purchased. But this library I've built ...
  • itsjimmay
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod no longer detected [Windows Client]

Yeah, as the title says: Spotify on Windows does no longer detect my iPod anymore. It's an iPod Touch 5th gen(I think), it used to get detected when I used USB before, but now it no longer does, wich is wierd, since I've not installed any new softwar...

• Gig Goer
  • Yeah, as the title says: Spotify on Windows does no longer detect my iPod anymore. It's an iPod Touch 5th gen(I think), it used to get detected when I used USB before, but now it no longer does, w...
  • TheLastMelody
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download music

Basically i cant download music from spotify to listen to offline, my friend has a galaxy s5 and when he does it, the download button lights up green, when i do it on my iphone 5, it doesnt even light up green

• Casual Listener
  • Basically i cant download music from spotify to listen to offline, my friend has a galaxy s5 and when he does it, the download button lights up green, when i do it on my iphone 5, it doesnt even ligh...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Spotify overseas

I am a premium Spotify user in the UK and whilst travelling overseas last week I couldn't access any of my playlists even though they were made available offline. I understand you may need to establish an internet connection to be able to access the ...

• I am a premium Spotify user in the UK and whilst travelling overseas last week I couldn't access any of my playlists even though they were made available offline. I understand you may need to establi...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing for no reason

I often use the apple remote controll when I play music on spotify. Sometimes when I pause the music using the remote, it won't start up again. When I push the play-button (wheater I use the Macbook Pro or the remote) it changes into the pause-symbol...

• I often use the apple remote controll when I play music on spotify. Sometimes when I pause the music using the remote, it won't start up again. When I push the play-button (wheater I u...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5c won't log in

I went through all the steps it mentioned as a possible fix for my problem and it didn't work. I made a playlist ( starred ) and when I try to play it offline it tells me I have to sign up for premium to do so. I click the link to do it and it says s...

• I went through all the steps it mentioned as a possible fix for my problem and it didn't work. I made a playlist ( starred ) and when I try to play it offline it tells me I have to sign up for premiu...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't play one song at my iPhone and MacBook but....

... On My iPad i can play it. The song i have problem with is: Sigma - Nobody to love.I think this is verry strange, maybe someone can help me! /Mattias

• Casual Listener
  • ... On My iPad i can play it. The song i have problem with is: Sigma - Nobody to love. I think this is verry strange, maybe someone can help me! /Mattias
  • tabbylucy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share playlist with another spotify user

I followed the advice from this site by searching the user name of my friend. The result was found nothing. There was no error in entering the username. I am at loss why I could not find my friend. Any advice to fix it? Thanks!

• Music Fan
  • I followed the advice from this site by searching the user name of my friend. The result was found nothing. There was no error in entering the username. I am at loss why I could not find my friend...
  • Scottxe
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Issue

I just created a playlist on my iPad via Spotify; but it is not showing up on Spotify on my iPhone. With my android I never had this problem. Did I forget to do something or do something incorrectly? Please and thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I just created a playlist on my iPad via Spotify; but it is not showing up on Spotify on my iPhone. With my android I never had this problem. Did I forget to do something or do something incorrectly?...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing iphone with spotify on computer

Hi, I have just got spotify premium. I can't seem to sync my iphone with my computer, when I plug it in, under devices it does not come up with anything. I'm not sure when I first signed up to spotify if I registered it as a divice, how do I register...

• Hi,   I have just got spotify premium. I can't seem to sync my iphone with my computer, when  I plug it in, under devices it does not come up with anything.  I'm not sure when I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple IPOD

I have an Apple IPOD, just wondering can I sync my music from Spotify to the Apple IPOD.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Apple IPOD, just wondering can I sync my music from Spotify to the Apple IPOD.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Only local files were synced on my iPhone 5S

Hi.I have an iPhone 5S and when I first synced my playlist for offline play it only synced spotify files. I installed Spotify on my PC and now if I have the same files locally it only syncs them instead of the spotify file.How do I stop this from hap...

• Regular
  • Hi. I have an iPhone 5S and when I first synced my playlist for offline play it only synced spotify files. I installed Spotify on my PC and now if I have the same files locally it only syncs them ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changes to service or weird problem

I had 8 playlists on my phone and about 700 songs and I had to re-sync them and when I tried nothing would sync so I had to delete 3/4 of my playlists and only got 314 songs out of the original 700+ plus to download, did spotify change somethimg or i...

• Casual Listener
  • I had 8 playlists on my phone and about 700 songs and I had to re-sync them and when I tried nothing would sync so I had to delete 3/4 of my playlists and only got 314 songs out of the original 700+ ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with downloaded spotify-playlists on iPod

Hi, I have a spotify premium account. I have a special directory for playlists that I can listen to in offline-modus on my iPod. Parallel I add and remove playlists to and from my special directory on my PC. When I charge the battery of my iPod (appr...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I have a spotify premium account. I have a special directory for playlists that I can listen to in offline-modus on my iPod. Parallel I add and remove playlists to and from my spe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription acting erratically

For the first time today (6/6/14) when I started Spotify via desktop I was asked to log in - that was unusual. Had no problems throughout the day. This evening when I tried operating from my iphone 4S, I was prompted to log in - again, unusual. When ...

• Casual Listener
  • For the first time today (6/6/14) when I started Spotify via desktop I was asked to log in - that was unusual. Had no problems throughout the day. This evening when I tried operating from my iphone 4...
  • profilename
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs tab on iPad

So excited to read about the new songs tab download all your music .... Spot iffy on iPad updated yesterday - where is this mystical button?

• Regular
  • So excited to read about the new songs tab download all your music .... Spot iffy on iPad updated yesterday - where is this mystical button?
  • alacard
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Version Missing Features

When I login to my account on Spotify on my brother's Samsung Galaxy it has all the features that the iPhone version has been missing. (fyi I have the iPhone 5S) Missing Features on iPhone that's on Android- There's an EQ on the Android version but n...

• Regular
  • When I login to my account on Spotify on my brother's Samsung Galaxy it has all the features that the iPhone version has been missing. (fyi I have the iPhone 5S)   Missing Features on iPhone...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist name disappears

Hello dears! Time to wine again... With every update there is a new issue. Spotify version 1.0.0.3251 - IOS 7.1 - iPhone 4S With the new update the album name/playlist name of my off line lists is gone every time I open Spotify. The only thing shown ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello dears! Time to wine again... With every update there is a new issue.   Spotify version 1.0.0.3251 - IOS 7.1 - iPhone 4S   With the new update the album name/playlist name of...
  • toe-tapper
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Problems

I have the Spotify app on my iPod Touch. A few days ago, I noticed that all of my playlists were gone from the Your Music section. The only way I sem to be able to access them is if I'm online, and going into my profile. I tried switching them to be ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...osition.   Plus, I thought I could try to make my playlists public, but they are locked on "Secret", and I have no idea how to change that back.    How can I solve these problems and g...
  • AWright82
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing "Your Musi" function in the iPad App

Hello, why, do I don't have the fuction "your music" in the iPad App. in the desktop und iPhone App I cann organize my own collection. Best regards Thorstem

• Regular
  • Hello,   why, do I don't have the fuction "your music" in the iPad App. in the desktop und iPhone App I cann organize my own collection.   Best regards Thorstem
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes