Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

Hey,

I can't play my local files on my iPhone. I downloaded some of them like months ago and added some yesterday but can't play any of them.

I tried to reinstall Spotify, add them again to my local files in Spotify, added them again to the playlist, created a new playlist nothing worked ...

I'm also in the same WiFi as my computer.

Please help me guys!!

45 Replies

I'm still having the same problem listed above, and I'm not seeing any toggle for "Enable sync from desktop" on my phone. Has the procedure for doing this changed?

Hey there @ixchestr,

Thanks for your reply here.

Since the option to add local files has changed in the latest updates, some of the options that you used to have with the previous "syncing" may not work as expected.

Previously, local files were synced between devices, making any track available on any device. Now that the local files are discovered within the device storage, a local file added to a playlist from device 1 might not work properly on device 2, as the audio file is not stored on it. You can read more about that here.

If you have your files stored on your phone, please let us know. If you're having trouble locating the Show audio files from this device option, please include in your next reply the make/model and OS of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you're running there.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi! Thanks, that is helpful. What is the best way for me to get files into a place where Spotify will recognize them? It doesn't seem to let me choose a directory. I was trying to download files from Google Drive into the Files app but Spotify doesn't seem to recognize those. I was specifically trying to avoid having to use Apple Music to get the music onto my phone.

Hi there @ixchestr,

Thanks for the reply.

Getting local files onto your iPhone is a bit more complicated than downloading them on your device. You can follow the process in this FAQ here in order to get the local files to work on your phone. 

Hope this helps. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mine does not even have the option to use another device it only says "allow local files" my computer is synced and everything ive done all the steps updated everything but it still just wont let me get local files the playlist does not even show up????!!

I think they've given up supporting local files, it's never been reliable and it basically doesn't work on android

Suggested posts