Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant detect iPod via USB

Solved!

Cant detect iPod via USB

i've been trying to synch my iPod with Spotify for the last 2days now.it doesnt matter what i do,the software wont detect the device.
I've re.installed the app and the software on my pc but nothing seems to work.I really need a solution for this.I cant ssynch via WIFI because my Connection is to slow and it would take ages to do.
PLEASE HELP! ireally want to use Spotify,but if this doesnt get solved I'll have to cancel Premium...

104 Replies

i have an ipod nano seventh generation. i would realy like to tranfer my music to my ipod. if you are not sure what my ipod looks like here it is.  

440x330-ipod-nano-front.jpg

If you have an iPod Nano, Mini, Shuffle or Classic, you can only sync local files from your computer in Spotify.

You can't do the opposite i.e Transfer music from Spotify to you ipod, that's what Itunes is for.

I've tried everything but I cannot get my iPod Touch 5G to connect to Spotify but it's recognized on iTunes. What do I do? 

@user-removed 

If you have version 1.0.1 of the Spotify desktop app:

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How can I toggle the offline toggle on my iPod? My local playlist is there on the desktop version.

@user-removed 

Create a new playlist and then copy  all of the songs from the "local files" playlist into the new playlist.

Then in the Spotify app on your iPod touch, click the "available offline" swicth. Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have and older ipod touch and I cannot find the ' Spotify for iOs4' in the app store. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

@keschmidt 

Sorry, but Spotify currently only supports iOS 7 & 8

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm having the same problem with my BRAND NEW nano. I have only begun using spotify a few days ago and I do not have itunes on my computer. I pretty much down right to refuse to use itunes at all costs. I have premuim spotify and wanted to being syncing songs. Now I'm no computer idoit however I cannot seem to even get spotify to recognize my nano. Help.

@samiig90 

Sorry, bad timing.

The latest version of the Spotify app doesn't have a devices section in the left sidebar.

It is currently being upgraded and will be back in a future update. (currently no ETA)

MattSudaSpotify Star

So I am currently incovienenced until they decide to fix the problem? Any solutions on getting good music onto a nano without paying for a trillion songs I do not want and or need... and without itunes? When I said I refuse to use itunes.... I meant it.

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

It looks like Spotify has discontinued USB sync for iPods.

"We don't support iPod Mini, Shuffle, Classic, or Nano."

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/iPod-faq

The iPod Touch is still supported over WiFi sync with the Spotify app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Annnd... now I stop paying for premuim. 

So it was the case that Spotify supported all kinds of ipods, but not anymore? I just wonder about my ipod nano 5generation and the new ipod nano? Thanks a lot.

Marked as solution

Yes they USED TO support all ipods but now they only do so with itouches
and iphones. Which to me is a little silly because they have also started
limiting some of their offline services. Its a great product however they
need some work on their consistency so they do not end up with a bunch of
annoyed customers.

Well, so waiting for Apple/Beats now. I want to hear music on all my devices.

So, are they any closer to a solution? Probably some bull**bleep** argument between apple and Spotify keeping this from ever being solved.

It was solved a while ago if you look at solutions in this post 🙂

Marked as solution

then why do we pay for premium accounts if you cant download to your ipods!! that is aweful and very miss leading to customers! not happy about this at all!!

So thats the music you had on your computer - probably bought through itunes anyway - so you should use Itunes to put them on your ipod as usual -  basically there is no Spotify functionality with Ipod's that dont use apps...

Suggested posts