Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car stereo problems

Solved!

Car stereo problems

I have a pioneer AVH-x3800BHS car stereo that is capable of controlling spotify directly from the stereo via usb connection from my phone. Ever since yesterday when update 8.2.0 was released for iOS, I have not been able to use the spotify app. My girlfriends phone worked just fine because she hasn't update spotify on her iPhone yet. So it must be something about this new update, any suggestions? 

42 Replies

New iOS update for spotify today. 10.3.0. I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to see if it addressed our issue. Anyone tried it yet? Let me know if it fixed anything. I will check it later and post a message. Hope it fixed our issue.

Just tried the 8.3.0 update on iOS. No change. I am beginning to think that this is intended function modification Spotify implemented. Seems like they adjusted a lot of the free account behavior and this is likely an effect of that. Kind of a stupid way to get people to buy a premium account if you ask me.

It's not a problem with free vs premium. I'm a premium subscriber and still have the problem. I think it's an issue with the way Spotify is internally functioning. It began after the 8.2.0 update.

I got it to work, sort of.  I needed to log out and log back in. However, I had to do that each time I unplugged the USB cable and now the same is true for bluetooth which was working fine for me before today's update. If I could go back to version 7 I would enjoy Spotify again. I have an iPad that still has the older version and it works just as it should. I don't want to use my iPad though. Hopefully, in the next version they can get this fixed as I had no issues before. Not real happy with Pioneer or Spotify right now.  Pandora works just fine. 

Update: Nope. Thought I had it. Must have been a fluke. Couldn't get it to work again. Bluetooth did work. 

Its not just Pioneer, BMW and Mercedez got  similar problem.

on Mercedez, iOS 10.3.1 +  USB output:

Itunes will take over Spotify after engine off and on, which is very annoying, you have consitantly, unlock the phone and play again, and offten the music bacame "2x fast forward mode), force you to close and launch the app.

Was abolustly fine in previous version, updated to 8.3 didn't help.

PS, and Shuffle Playlist function has gone on 8.2. 8.3, crazy... i wish i have a backup version.

I'm having the same issues as just about everyone on here. The screen on my stereo even says it's connected to my phone and says "ready" but nothing plays. Spotify still works on my Bluetooth though and pandora setting also works. Thinking about taking it to Best Buy where I got the stereo to see if they can help me?
Marked as solution

Well as an earlier post said, there is a solution. It's a hassle but it's a solution. At least until spotify puts out an update with a fix. So here's the solution...plug in your phone to your head unit through USB. Make sure your head unit is on spotify screen. Then on your phones spotify app (while still plugged into your stereo) log out of spotify then log back in. Bam!!! It should now work. Only problem is, now every time you get back in your car you will have to repeat these steps to get spotify to play on your head units spotify screen. But at least we can get it to work now. Hopefully the next iOS spotify update will fix this problem. Remember there is nothing wrong with your head unit, your settings or even your iPhone. The problem lies with the latest iOS spotify update. Until they put a new update out that addresses this bug, we will continue to have problems. But at least there is a solution. Hope this helps everyone.

This isn't a solution, it's a workaround.  A solution would be to have it work properly like it used to before the update.

New update out today.  Still doesn't fix the problem... 

I actually got fed up with this enough (a week after buying my X3800) I just went and got a used AppRadio 4 with CarPlay. Works much better. But shame on Spotify for not addressing this.

I'm having the same issues as just about everyone on here. The screen on my stereo even says it's connected to my phone and says "ready" but nothing plays

Sent a tweet last week and no response.

Did a live chat yesterday and made them aware of the problem.  Now we wait...

They've known for weeks and nothing's been done.
I got a "we've forwarded your problem to our technical support" email weeks ago and nothing...
Marked as solution

The latest iOS spotify update has fixed the problem. Just plug in using USB and all works fine. Thanks for fixing it spotify!

Bingo!  Fixed.  Thank you!

Anyone know of a fix for Android? Still not working!

Not sure. They came out with a fix for iPhone. I had to delete and reinstall app to make it work.

Not sure. They came out with a fix for iPhone. I had to delete and reinstall app to make it work.

I have done the reinstall on android device but it will still not connect to spotify through bluetooth, is there gona be a fix for this as its frustrating, i can connect through bluetooth but not the spotify app on the stereo

Did you find a fix for this?

Same problem. Pioneer DEHX6800BS. Spotify app on head unit connects for sound but display freezes then no button control on head unit. Been using BT-A and it works but prefer app for safety. 

Suggested posts