Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car stereo problems

Solved!

Car stereo problems

I have a pioneer AVH-x3800BHS car stereo that is capable of controlling spotify directly from the stereo via usb connection from my phone. Ever since yesterday when update 8.2.0 was released for iOS, I have not been able to use the spotify app. My girlfriends phone worked just fine because she hasn't update spotify on her iPhone yet. So it must be something about this new update, any suggestions? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well as an earlier post said, there is a solution. It's a hassle but it's a solution. At least until spotify puts out an update with a fix. So here's the solution...plug in your phone to your head unit through USB. Make sure your head unit is on spotify screen. Then on your phones spotify app (while still plugged into your stereo) log out of spotify then log back in. Bam!!! It should now work. Only problem is, now every time you get back in your car you will have to repeat these steps to get spotify to play on your head units spotify screen. But at least we can get it to work now. Hopefully the next iOS spotify update will fix this problem. Remember there is nothing wrong with your head unit, your settings or even your iPhone. The problem lies with the latest iOS spotify update. Until they put a new update out that addresses this bug, we will continue to have problems. But at least there is a solution. Hope this helps everyone.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The latest iOS spotify update has fixed the problem. Just plug in using USB and all works fine. Thanks for fixing it spotify!

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Sorry I don't have a solution but I am seeing the same issue mentioned but with the Pioneer AVH-x5800BHS model.  I thought it was something that I had modified in my stereo settings but it is good to know someone else is having the same issue.  USB connection worked fine before the 8.2.0 update to Spotify. Now when Spotify is selected as the AV input it does not load with the phone connected.  If I find a solution I will reply again but so far all of the troubleshooting I have done does not help and I can't seem to roll back to an older version of Spotify on the iPhone.

i am having the same issue with my AVH-X2800bs head unit

I'm having the same issue with a Pioneer AVH-X391BHS. It does play when I use App Radio. I hate App Radio. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Same problem here just shows a blank screen and won't play Avh-x280bs

Yep, same problem here on the Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB
Just using the iPod app on the head unit in the mean time.

Yep same problem here with my pioneer avh-2800bhs. Everything worked fine until the 8.2.0 update. I'm so happy I found this thread. I've been going crazy trying to adjust different settings on my head unit thinking it was not working because of something I did. You can play Spotify through your iPod screen on your head unit. But I hope they fix this problem soon.

Me to I have a pioneer AVH-3800DAB. Does anyone know if there is a fix? I can use iPod mode and it plays Spotify. I can select Spotify as a source but nothing comes up

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Not yet. But I spoke with Spotify and they suggested a few things. Nothing they suggested fixed the problem yet but I have one more suggestion to try. It seems our pioneer head units may need a firmware update. If you go to pioneerelectronics.com/firmware and enter your head unit model # it will give you the latest firmware update for your head unit. You will then need to download that update on a formatted (fat32) empty flash drive. Then connect flash drive to your head units USB and install new firmware update. I'm at work today but going to try this tomorrow and see if this is a fix. If anyone else wants to try this today, please let us know if it worked or not. Hope this will help.

I'll give it a try but the firmware for my head unit says most up to date is July 2016 so I doubt it's that

The Australian pioneer website says there is no firmware update to my head unit. It also says not to install firmware from a different region.
IMG_4482.PNG

I had an older firmware on my AVH-X3800DAB so I updated it. Still not fixed. I'm just going to assume we'll have to wait for the next Spotify update and hope they fix it then.

Looks like it.

Thanks for the info

Yes I updated my pioneer firmware and still no fix. I have a question for you all. When I click on devices on my phone when connected to head unit using USB it gives me one option of "dock connector". I don't ever remember it saying that before the 8.2.0 spotify update. If memory serves me I thought it would show me my pioneer model number when I would click on devices, not "dock connector". Do any of you remember what it showed before update when you clicked on devices on spotify app on your phone? Or am I just crazy and grasping at straws at this point lol?

Also maybe it would benefit us all if we all tweeted to spotifycares twitter account with our problem. I've been tweeting back and forth with them and they respond quickly with suggestions. Unfortunately none of these suggestions have fixed the problem. I've told them that there are plenty of us that I've found on a spotify discussion page with the same exact problem. Feel free to tweet spotifycares account yourself. The problem lies with their most recent 8.2.0 iOS spotify update. Hope it can be resolved.

I've been trying this as well

I sent a tweet and was told they don't officially support USB playback, but they would try and help. 

Having this issue on my AVH-X4800BS as well. Something in the 8.2.0 update broke. Whether or not they officially support USB playback (they do), I'm having this issue using bluetooth. If this is something they are unwilling to look into or something they are unwilling to fix, I'll take my business to Apple Music. I wouldn't even mind since it works better with my Apple Watch and my Pioneer head unit just as well, if not better.

Unfortunately for me and maybe for everyone else with the same issue as all of us, updating the firmware did not help the problem. I have an avh2800 and updated from 8.15 to 8.18. Im thinking it is something to do with the latest ios update on iphone. Before that my spotify integration on my head unit was seemless and perfect with album art and all. Had it like that for about 6 months, then it just stopped playing. It's almost like it freezes. I press the volume and it shows the volume meter but I cant move or change it. Also no equalizer setting are available. But like the others have mentioned, all other souces on the unit work. Hope someone finds the solution to this.

Suggested posts