Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Genius

They dont Show me the Button in Settings for „Genius“

• Casual Listener
  • They dont Show me the Button in Settings for „Genius“
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music interrupted by notifications

I am a iPhone user with iOS11,it starts yesterday.When there’s a notification,my music just stop entirely. It is extremely annoying to me as I like listen music when I taking a bath,I still can’t figure out why it stops my music.

• I am a iPhone user with iOS11,it starts yesterday.When there’s a notification,my music just stop entirely. It is extremely annoying to me as I like listen music when I taking a bath,I still can’t fig...
  • Knipeabigail
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium on iphone 6 pauses and plays/skips songs constantly

I have spotify premium on my new iphone 6 and after a few seconds into a song it begins pausing/playing randomly and often skips songs in 10 second chunks. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and also tried different headphones and neither of the...

• I have spotify premium on my new iphone 6 and after a few seconds into a song it begins pausing/playing randomly and often skips songs in 10 second chunks. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

cannot connect to Last.fm

Under settings on iPhone Spotify where you connect your scrobbling for last.fm account it says that my username and password are incorrect when they are not. Does anyone know what to do about this?

• Under settings on iPhone Spotify where you connect your scrobbling for last.fm account it says that my username and password are incorrect when they are not. Does anyone know what to do about this?
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing is loading.

So, I can only see songs I have saved or playlists I have listened to recently. Nothing else appears to be loading. I deleted the app and downloaded it again. Anyone else having this issue? I use cellular data, so it’s not my connection to WiFi.

• Casual Listener
  • So, I can only see songs I have saved or playlists I have listened to recently. Nothing else appears to be loading. I deleted the app and downloaded it again. Anyone else having this issue? I use cel...
  • brennacad
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't search for songs while not connected to wifi (Premium)

I have a problem with my premiun.. It wont search for song while im on 4g or 3g and yes i do have premium. it only allows me searching for songs while on wifi, and i have tried allmost everything. thx

• I have a problem with my premiun.. It wont search for song while im on 4g or 3g and yes i do have premium. it only allows me searching for songs while on wifi, and i have tried allmost everything. thx
  • sks1996
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can’t search or load anything

I can’t search for music or have my home page load. I have internet because I can play all the songs in my library. None of my music is saved. I have reset my phone 3 times already. Help lol

• Casual Listener
  • I can’t search for music or have my home page load. I have internet because I can play all the songs in my library. None of my music is saved. I have reset my phone 3 times already. Help lol
  • Djevulsk
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! *some* songs won't sync to offline, others will

I have quite a few playlists and a lot of offline songs that I can play offline, but others will not sync. I'm not sure what to do. I have 14GB free space.

• Casual Listener
  • I have quite a few playlists and a lot of offline songs that I can play offline, but others will not sync. I'm not sure what to do. I have 14GB free space. 
  • carissamarderos
  • 22 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 14 likes

Cant log on to Spotify through Facebook

I cant listen to music after I have got a new mobile phone. I'm logging through Facebook, i can see my list, but can't hear my music.

• I cant listen to music after I have got a new mobile phone. I'm logging through Facebook, i can see my list, but can't hear my music.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My music keeps pausing itself...

I have Spotify premium and battery saver mode is switched off. So why does my music pause roughly every 10 seconds, regardless of whether I am on WiFi or 4G?

• I have Spotify premium and battery saver mode is switched off. So why does my music pause roughly every 10 seconds, regardless of whether I am on WiFi or 4G?
  • npascutti
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

EPs and Singles not appearing in the artist's page.

I know this was asked before but it's really annoying and rage inducing to have to search randomly for EPs and Singles instead of having them in the main page. I can find them in the desktops versions and tvs. So why doesn't it appear in other versio...

• Casual Listener
  • I know this was asked before but it's really annoying and rage inducing to have to search randomly for EPs and Singles instead of having them in the main page. I can find them in the desktops version...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to play a full album?

Sounds simple an I think it is, just I can't figure it out... I have a "waitinglist" with several songs and play these one after the other.so far so good. Now I wand to listen to sth else and not want to go on with the waitinglist, but want to listen...

• Regular
  • Sounds simple an I think it is, just I can't figure it out...   I have a "waitinglist" with several songs and play these one after the other. so far so good.   Now I wand to listen to ...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep having to reshuffle

Since the last update my Spotify app won't stay on shuffle. I use it mainly in my car with Bluetooth and every time I get back in the car I have to open Spotify and hit shuffle again. I don't ever fully close the app, just minimize it.I've tried comp...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last update my Spotify app won't stay on shuffle. I use it mainly in my car with Bluetooth and every time I get back in the car I have to open Spotify and hit shuffle again. I don't ever fu...
  • zummi
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums in your library

If i ad a song to my library it shows up in album view with only one song in the album and vise versa in song view. Cant i have only full albums in album view in my library?

• If i ad a song to my library it shows up in album view with only one song in the album and vise versa in song view. Cant i have only full albums in album view in my library?
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Facebook

Hey guys, well ...om trying to put my Spotify account on my Facebook but I can’t, I was with another Facebook account and I cancel the Facebook and the Spotify app on Facebook settings, and now I’m trying to put my Spotify on my another Facebook and ...

• Hey guys, well ... om trying to put my Spotify account on my Facebook but I can’t, I was with another Facebook account and I cancel the Facebook and the Spotify app on Facebook settings, and now I’m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Fiesta 2012 USB

Hi. I have a problem with my 2012 Fiesta Trend. When ı try to play spotify via usb port it starts the music and afer 0.02 second skips the song.İphone 5- ios 8- lastest spotify version- premium user. Every 0.02 seconds the car or spotify skips song a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have a problem with my 2012 Fiesta Trend. When ı try to play spotify via usb port it starts the music and afer 0.02 second skips the song.İphone 5- ios 8- lastest spotify version- premium user....
  • iam_grasshopper
  • Casual Listener
  • 37 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 6 likes

AppleTV Airplay shows a weird looping video

Whenever I play Spotify over Airplay to my AppleTV, a weird looping video appears with people running, dancing, listening to airbuds. It's vertical (portrait orientation) video, like it belongs on a phone rather than a TV. I can't figure out how to d...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I play Spotify over Airplay to my AppleTV, a weird looping video appears with people running, dancing, listening to airbuds. It's vertical (portrait orientation) video, like it belongs on a ...
  • DJ_CellSurgeon
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! How to get an App compatible to older iOS versions

Hi, I have a 1st Gen Pad with iOS 5.1.1 on it. I downloaded a compatible Spotify App for this version that was running well, now I made the mistake to select "update All" apps and now I cannot use Spotify anymore (current App is compatible with iOS6 ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a 1st Gen Pad with iOS 5.1.1 on it. I downloaded a compatible Spotify App for this version that was running well, now I made the mistake to select "update All" apps and now I ...
  • Eduardo1011
  • Casual Listener
  • 54 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 54 replies
  • 3 likes

Stuck on "a brief message from out sponsors"

Over the past 2 weeks both ipad air 2 and iphone 7 spotify players (non subscription based) have been getting stuck on the "A brief message from our sponsors" screen. Clicking through to the advertised content does not make any difference to continue...

• Casual Listener
  • Over the past 2 weeks both ipad air 2 and iphone 7 spotify players (non subscription based) have been getting stuck on the  "A brief message from our sponsors" screen. Clicking through to the ad...
  • ninjap9
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! How to delete multiple songs within playlist

Hi does anyone know how to delete multiple songs within a playlist on OS or Mac?? I have reached the limit in songs I can play offliine and would like to delete some of the songs that are on my playlist. For example the last 100 songs. I dont want to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi does anyone know how to delete multiple songs within a playlist on OS or Mac??  I have reached the limit in songs I can play offliine and would like to delete some of the songs that are on my...
  • Galdot
  • 11 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 8 likes