Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW Connected Drive problems after iOS 11

Solved!

BMW Connected Drive problems after iOS 11

Hi

Since upgrading to IOS 11 I can no longer control Spotify on my BMW connected drive. The app shows up on my screen in the car but doesn’t open. If I manually open Spotify on the phone hand set while connected I can hear the music through the car system but not use the Spotify menu to search for music or pause, select next or previous tracks. 

Have tried deleting the app and reloading but no joy. 

Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Very pleased to confirm latest Spotify update fixes  this issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Very pleased to confirm latest Spotify update fixes  this issue. Thanks!

Sadly, the latest update hasn't resolved my problem.  I no longer see the Spotify menu within ConnectedDrive on my ProNav enabled 3 series.

not working yet, latest spotify update didn't solve

I also have the problem. when i connected my iphone to the USB connection before i had direct connection with connected drive and could start Spotify. my iphone also powered up . But now it is loading with short stops off and on. loading disturbs and i can not connect to connected drive and spotify anymore. 

Hope this will be solved soon.

mine is also not working properly. 20% of the time when I enter the car it connect the other 80% not. Have in mind that 100% of the time it connects with telephone and bluetooth audio options but the "apps" option isn't working.

Same Issue and no solution and no support from Spotify. I will delete my Account soon.. makes me mad when I must turn off the car to get Spotify to play. These young Developers...

Solved: get latest update of ios and spotify and also install BMW Connected Classic. Without it it wont work properly. 

Connected Classic does not work properly with the BMW i3. This is no option with the old Software.

Have you tried the newer app called BMW Connected? You might need to change your app store. To be honest I think these problems come from ios more then Spotify or BMW. 

I did test with the support from BMW all options out. So there is since the upgrade to IOS 11 a open ticket. I know a lot about all the Issues and figure out most of the time when the phone has no reception spotify  it will not connect to the car. This must be a spotify / IOS Issue.

Suggested posts