Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car stereo problems

Solved!

Car stereo problems

I have a pioneer AVH-x3800BHS car stereo that is capable of controlling spotify directly from the stereo via usb connection from my phone. Ever since yesterday when update 8.2.0 was released for iOS, I have not been able to use the spotify app. My girlfriends phone worked just fine because she hasn't update spotify on her iPhone yet. So it must be something about this new update, any suggestions? 

42 Replies

Same issue with my AVH-X3800BHS as of about 2 weeks ago. I uninstalled the most recent Spotify update on my Android and installed a previous build of the app. It's working again, but it's unfortunate that I have to be stuck on an outdated build to retain this feature.

Accidently double posted so this is here since I can't delete the either of the post or post blank to clean up my error. 

I have this same problem with my avh-x3800bhs. Sometimes it connects, but mostly it doesn't.  I end up using bluetooth and then, with Android, I sometimes get a lot of skips/audio problems so the whole thing is very frustrating. 

Regarding the skips, I've tried everything under the sun.  I put the problem down to a few things. Spotify is first, the app needs to take more control of the phone.  PowerAmp has a setting that essentially does that.  Please add one.  

Regarding Pioneer, I'm not sure I'd buy another one.  I really like the functionality, sound, etc. but it really should do one thing well; play music, and it doesn't because of connectivity issues. Hey Pioneer, could you please work with Spotify to fix this?

Regarding Android, well, it's just horrible at bluetooth, which I have to use when the Pioneer USB connection won't work.  Sometimes other applications, even with notifications turned off, still interrupt audio; with Google maps being the absolute worst offender.  My daughters Apple phone doesn't have nearly the number of issues (other than this connectivity issue in this topic occasionally).  Apple wins in managing bluetooth audio.  

So yeah, long post to say I have the same issue with Android on an S8.  Spotify, I'd listen to you more, if only you could figure out how to reliably connect to my device.

20180320_090528.jpg

Suggested posts