Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[CarPlay] Music mutes after incoming phone call

[CarPlay] Music mutes after incoming phone call

Hi!

I'm using Spotify App Version 8.4.22.515 on my Apple iPhone 5s with iOS version 11.0.3 and get the following error when used in my 2017 Seat Ateca with CarPlay connection:

When I receive an incoming phone call, the playing music gets muted and I can do the call. After the call, the music progress bar continues, but I do not hear any sound. Even after disconnecting and reconnecting the phone, still no music sound to hear.

I have to make an initiate an outgoing call to get the sound back to play.

Using Apple Music, everyrhing works fine, regardless of in- or outgoing calls.

Using iPhone 6, everything works fine, too.

9 Replies

I have also had a lot of problems with carplay and spotify. I have always assumed it was apple trying to get you to switch. Not sure on a fix. maybe it's an iOS issue. I know apple is phasing out it's older phones, and your phone might be too old to really support it. Not sure what to tell you. 

Sorry

Thanks for the reply.

But too me, it looks like an issue of Spotify, because when I use Apple Music, everything works fine, even when using me "old" 5S model.

I assume you are using the newest update for Spotify?

Yep, as stated, I use 8.4.22.515.

In which case I am not sure. Usually, progress bac moving and silence is a connection issue, but since you had it before hand that can't be it. the outgoing phone call is an odd solution, and since everything works fine on the 6 I'm not sure what to tell you. I went back to an old fashioned aux, and just used an ac adaptor in to charge my phone in the car. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Don't worry, maybe someone else has any hint.

Or I will try BT connection and go that road.

Or buy my wife a new iPhone 🙂

Hi, don’t buy a new phone yet. My wife has the same problem but whenever she uses the phone. It was the same with her old iPhone 6s and she has just got the iPhone X and it does the same thing. I’ve done a setting reset today to make sure that it’s not a problem with the settings on the phone. I’ll message if that has sorted the problem.

Yep, please let me know how it works.

And how you did the reset, if it works.

Will do. 
To reset settings goto Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. 

Resetting settings is a bit of a pain because you then need to set some things up again such as WiFi, Pin/fingerprints and cards in your wallet but it doesn't lose your data. 
My wife also had problems with her keyboard too so I'm hoping that the reset will help cure that too. I will let you know how we get on though. 

Suggested posts