Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CarPlay and Calls

CarPlay and Calls

If i get a call on my iPhone 6 via CarPlay on my Pioneer SPH DA 120 Spotify mutes the music and the ringtone is ringing. When i pick up the call and want to talk spotify starts to play. This Bug is since the last spotify update.
Another Bug since ever is, that spotify only works if i startet it on the iPhone, when i start spotify on carplay it plays also the song, but i dont hear anything.
This Problems arent on the music, podcast or audible App so it must be a spotify-bug.
I am Premium-User, but the first the i can use apple-beats for music-streaming i will quite spotify, because this bugs make me crazy!
6 Replies

Thanks for the reports of this, I can see there are quite a few CarPlay posts as of late with issues similar to yours. I will bump this up the chain and see if I can get the Spotify team to look into this.

Yes i got the latest version of spotify and iOS.

I will try your approach and will give you an update - thx.

greetings from vienna
Stephan

Re: CarPlay and Calls

Thanks for the reports of this, can you please confirm a few things for me?

You are on the latest version of the Spotify app?
You are on the latest version of iOS? (8.3)

Are you potentially able to try reinstalling the Spotify app to confirm that this issue continues to occur after a reinstallation?

Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos

The Spotify Community sent this message to stephan.fruehwirth@me.com .
You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic.

To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe .

Hey @hill1107. Staff here. Thanks for reporting.

Could you please give a clean reinstall of Spotify a try and let us know if this improved things? Also, could use to know the following. 

• Your Spotify version
  • Firmware version 
  • Steps to reproduce

Once we have this, we'll get it looked into. 

I'm sorry I don't know if I should reply to this or start a new one, but I also have a Pioneer SPH DA120, actually I have two one I run with an iPhone 5 and the other with an iPhone 6. Both phones are using the latest ios and Spotify software. I have had the iPhone 5 for longer and used not to have the problem so it is one that has developed with a later release.

The spotify app is buggy, but that I can live with, failures to start up etc. The biggest problem is that if you choose to pause a track on spotify it will only pause for about 8 seconds and then automatically resume. I have the mute setting Pioneer set to mute and assume that the unit sends a signal to the iphone to pause the Spotify play when a call comes in. At first the spotify song is paused and you can start the conversation, but within the 8 seconds it resumes playing in the background and drowns out the telephone call. There isn't any way of stopping this without going to the iphone and physically closing the Spotify App i.e. double click the home button, find the app and slide the app closed. this is of course quite contrary to the idea of having a hands free system and very dangerous.

There is more to say as once spotify is being used you cannot stop it. I have tried to switch to another source, but after 8 seconds spotify starts again and the sound switches back to it. i assume this is the same fault in that spotify will only pause for 8 seconds when connected via carplay. It is the same if I choose pause directly on the phone; it only pauses 8 seconds. Once the phone is disconnected it will pause correctly.

I hope someone may be able to help me solve the issue

Thank you

I'm also experiencing the same issues mentioned above whilst using the Pioneer SPH-DA120.

My issues are as follows:

1.   Whilst listening to Spotify on the Pioneer stereo, a call comes in and I answer it - Spotify continues to play in the background.

2.   Launching Spotify from the Pioneer stereo doesn't seem to work first time - I have to unplug my phone, force close the app from within the phone, re-connect to the stereo and attempt to launch Spotify again from the stereo.

3. Pausing Spotify via the stereo interface only lasts for between 5 & 10 seconds, before music begins to play again automatically.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install Spotify on my phone, but the issues above are still present.

Here is some information about my phone, stereo and app:

Phone - iPhone 5

Connected via - Lightning cable

iOS - 8.3

Spotify app version - 3.3.0.1640

Pioneer SPH DA120 Firmware - 1.08

Just a quick update to say that since the recent app update (3.4.0.684) the pause issue seems to have been resolved. I've not tested it at length, but it seems to pause for 30+ seconds without un-pausing itself. I'll report back when I've done more testing.

Suggested posts