Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Music disappears an hour or two after I saved it

Why is it erasing albums like an hour after I save them ? It will say the artist and like 24 songs but later it will show artist but with like 6 songs?

• Casual Listener
  • Why is it erasing albums like an hour after I save them ? It will say the artist and like 24 songs but later it will show artist but with like 6 songs?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium on iPhone 6 Plus

I've upgraded to Premium and when I log in on a PC my account overview says "Your pre-paid Premium will end on 2015-05-04." However, I can't get the Spotify app to match this. I've logged out and in and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Is th...

• I've upgraded to Premium and when I log in on a PC my account overview says "Your pre-paid Premium will end on 2015-05-04."  However, I can't get the Spotify app to match this.  I've logged...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only at my house?

Hi, i love spotify and free music, but ever since this saturday it has only wanted to work when i have a definite wifi source or at my house! I would like to know if this is an actual issue or if i just did something wrong. I've tried uninstalling it...

• Hi, i love spotify and free music, but ever since this saturday it has only wanted to work when i have a definite wifi source or at my house! I would like to know if this is an actual issue or if i j...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BMW Connected / MINI Connected works with SPOTIFY!!!!

Ok you guys snuck something big into this update!!! I just connected the spotify app to MINI connected in my car! How come a big deal wasn't made about this? Did I miss the announcement? Is this beta?

• Casual Listener
  • Ok you guys snuck something big into this update!!! I just connected the spotify app to MINI connected in my car!   How come a big deal wasn't made about this? Did I miss the announcement? I...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 112 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 4 likes

iPhone Play Queue listing only limited number of songs.

Using the iOS app on my iPhone 6 to connect to my PS4. Listening to radio stations and the Play Queue only shows 10-15 of the same songs, whether I delete the station and start over or not. I know its not like that on the desktop version. Any help? U...

• Using the iOS app on my iPhone 6 to connect to my PS4. Listening to radio stations and the Play Queue only shows 10-15 of the same songs, whether I delete the station and start over or not. I know it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Synch problem

I have a premium account for almost two months but i could not sync more than 200 songs to my offline playlist. I follow exact steps that i should but nothing happens i don't see the progress bar. Only one out of ten tries i can sync songs but it las...

• I have a premium account for almost two months but i could not sync more than 200 songs to my offline playlist. I follow exact steps that i should but nothing happens i don't see the progress bar. On...
  • ernest-da-turd
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot Login with iPhone app

I just signed up to try out this free spotify.... I am able to login no problem on the Spotify web site, but I am unable to on my iPhone (say invalid login). Is there something I am missing? Does the free account not allow both desktop and mobile acc...

• Regular
  • I just signed up to try out this free spotify.... I am able to login no problem on the Spotify web site, but I am unable to on my iPhone (say invalid login).  Is there something I am missin...
  • nagoyajack
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify compatibility with Yamaha RXA3020

Hi Just downloaded Spotify and using the premium service.I've got a Yamaha RXA3020 amp and it's on the same network. The amp has the latest 1.85 firmware but the Spotify app can't find my reciever.I'm not 100% sure this amp is compatible with Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Just downloaded Spotify and using the premium service. I've got a Yamaha RXA3020 amp and it's on the same network. The amp has the latest 1.85 firmware but the Spotify app can't find my ...
  • carpkernel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Payment confusion

If I pay for spotify premium through the website for 10$ instead of through the app for 13$ will I be able to use premium on the app?

• Casual Listener
  • If I pay for spotify premium through the website for 10$ instead of through the app for 13$ will I be able to use premium on the app?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't upgrad to premium

im from germany and whenever i try to upgrade my spotify to premium with my iphone it's telling: not available in your country. can some1 help me pls

• im from germany and whenever i try to upgrade my spotify to premium with my iphone it's telling: not available in your country. can some1 help me pls
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I use an iPhone 3GS to control PS4 through Spotify Connect?

My friend has an android phone using spotify free version, he is allowed to use connect to control his PS4 Spotify app.. I am using iPhone 3GS and I get premium feature msg.. Is this because I have to use an older version of the app for my phone?

• Casual Listener
  • My friend has an android phone using spotify free version, he is allowed to use connect to control his PS4 Spotify app.. I am using iPhone 3GS and I get premium feature msg.. Is this because I have t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local songs in playlist

In several of my playlists i have songs imported from my computer, synced over wifi. I want to add a local song, which is already synced to my phone, to another playlist. Every time i try to do this it says "could not load tracks". Very annoying. I a...

• Casual Listener
  • In several of my playlists i have songs imported from my computer, synced over wifi. I want to add a local song, which is already synced to my phone, to another playlist. Every time i try to do this ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

changing phones with premium

Ok i pay for premium and i got a new phone. When i signed in on my new phone i ran out of skips and got commercials.. even though on my old phone i do not. How do i fix this????

• Ok i pay for premium and i got a new phone. When i signed in on my new phone i ran out of skips and got commercials.. even though on my old phone i do not. How do i fix this????
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing songs I own

So I have songs I own on my computer that are also clearly available on spotify- from albums that are available. I add those songs to my playlist, and it takes the owned copy of the song, so when I play it on my phone, it says the song is not availab...

• So I have songs I own on my computer that are also clearly available on spotify- from albums that are available. I add those songs to my playlist, and it takes the owned copy of the song, so when I p...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

CANT SAVE SONGS NO WHERE NEAR THE 10,000 SONG LIMIT

I use Spotify on my iphone 6 and my laptop that runs windows 7. When I attempt to save songs to an artist, some will save and others will not. This specifically is happening with Black Label Society's Sonic Brew album. I have it selected to be saved,...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify on my iphone 6 and my laptop that runs windows 7.  When I attempt to save songs to an artist, some will save and others will not.  This specifically is happening with Black La...
  • heybillyfox
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 4S: Synched local songs become "unsynched" after 1/2 weeks

Hi there, I have a problem with Spotify using my Iphone 4S.I add some (around 20) local files to my playlist on my computer. Then I synchronize the playlist on my Iphone.First, everything works fine for a couple of days.Then, after 1 or 2 weeks, the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I have a problem with Spotify using my Iphone 4S. I add some (around 20) local files to my playlist on my computer. Then I synchronize the playlist on my Iphone. First, everythin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files wont disappear on ipod

hello everyone, so ive got a problem with my ipod syncing local files. not that it doesnt work, rather it does it without me telling it to. so i have a couple songs on itunes, theyre not shown in spotify as local files.all good. now when i sync my ip...

• hello everyone, so ive got a problem with my ipod syncing local files. not that it doesnt work, rather it does it without me telling it to. so i have a couple songs on itunes, theyre not shown in spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 'Your Music' -> 'My Music' name change

You should change name in the mobile apps. My is much more intuitive than you.

• Regular
  • You should change name in the mobile apps. My is much more intuitive than you.
  • Neben
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a new device, cannot load offline music

Hello there!I have the problem that I have loaded some offline music at my spotify account and it uses round about 2 GB on my iPhone. So my premium expired and a friend gave me his premium account so that I can use it for some days. But now if would ...

• Visitor
  • Hello there! I have the problem that I have loaded some offline music at my spotify account and it uses round about 2 GB on my iPhone. So my premium expired and a friend gave me his premium account ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Cant make purchases in your region"

Hi i need some help.... I have a iphone 6 fully updated and what not. And i need to buy premium on my spotify account. I want to use itunes to do so. Anyways when im in the app and i click buy premium it says " sorry. cant make purchases in your regi...

• Hi i need some help.... I have a iphone 6 fully updated and what not. And i need to buy premium on my spotify account. I want to use itunes to do so. Anyways when im in the app and i click buy premiu...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes