Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Cant find album by band kreator

Its a strange thing, cant find the album Enemy of God by the band kreator on my iphone 6 or in the windows dekstop client, however in the browser version using chrome it is available, i can add it to my music but cannot play it .And the music shows n...

Clipboard01.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Its a strange thing, cant find the album Enemy of God by the band kreator on my iphone 6 or in the windows dekstop client, however in the browser version using chrome it is available, i can add it to...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad 1 not visible for other devices through Connect

My iPad 1 running on iOS 5.1.1 (latest spotifiy app from Aplle store) is somehow not visible for my other devices when I want to use Spotify Connect.iMac does see my Android phone, and phone does see my iMac without any problem. All devices are conne...

• Casual Listener
  • My iPad 1 running on iOS 5.1.1 (latest spotifiy app from Aplle store) is somehow not visible for my other devices when I want to use Spotify Connect. iMac does see my Android phone, and phone does s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Recently added on IOS

Why cant you choose for recently added in à playlist.Because on android spotify app you can.Please explain me

• Why cant you choose for recently added in à playlist. Because on android spotify app you can. Please explain me
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • recently added
    why
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New update

Where is the new ruining feature they're advertising with an update?

• Casual Listener
  • Where is the new ruining feature they're advertising with an update?
  • Pete
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wish List

I'd like to start a Wish list thread. I think the version I have .4.23.11 is severly lacking on the Iphone and if there's some features I mention here that do exist, please let me know. (Although the fact that I can't find them easily would be part o...

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to start a Wish list thread.    I think the version I have .4.23.11 is severly lacking on the Iphone and if there's some features I mention here that do exist, please let me know...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spoify crashes on startup

Hello! I have an iPad air 2 running iOS 8.1.2 and the latest version of spotify premium. Recently, after the latest update, I cannot open spotify. Every time I redownload it (I clear its cache and wiped it off my system) asks me to log in. I then get...

• Hello! I have an iPad air 2 running iOS 8.1.2 and the latest version of spotify premium. Recently, after the latest update, I cannot open spotify. Every time I redownload it (I clear its cache and wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Maps too quiet when using with spotify over bluetooth

I just got a new car (Subaru) without an integrated nav system. The only option is to use google maps on my phone in combo with playing music from the phone. The way the Bluetooth works, the stereo does not reliably fade to allow the driver to hear t...

• I just got a new car (Subaru) without an integrated nav system. The only option is to use google maps on my phone in combo with playing music from the phone. The way the Bluetooth works, the stereo d...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not linked to acc Anymore

So I made a playlist for a friend on my account and shared it, and since then, the playlist hasn't been within my playlist area of my spotify app. I can still see and listen to the playlist as it is in my recently played, but I can no longer add arti...

• Casual Listener
  • So I made a playlist for a friend on my account and shared it, and since then, the playlist hasn't been within my playlist area of my spotify app. I can still see and listen to the playlist as it is ...
  • mheerey
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays songs not included in my playlist

I'm the type of person that has a select few songs that I like depending on what I'm in the mood for, so obviously when Spotify plays the wrong songs it gets very annoying. Skipping the song used to bring me back to the right songs but now it takes f...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm the type of person that has a select few songs that I like depending on what I'm in the mood for, so obviously when Spotify plays the wrong songs it gets very annoying. Skipping the song used to ...
  • bebipbop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sending songs to Spotify people not working

iOS 8.3 on iphone 5S (Spotify reinstalled today)Can't send songs to Spotify people. There are no people in the list. And there are no results when I search. I follow a lot of people.I know there's a lot of threads on this already but it doesn't seem ...

• Casual Listener
  • iOS 8.3 on iphone 5S (Spotify reinstalled today) Can't send songs to Spotify people. There are no people in the list. And there are no results when I search. I follow a lot of people. I know th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! MINI doesn't connect to Spotify

Hi, today I downloaded the new version of Spotify on my iPhone but when I connected my iOS device to my Mini it said there was an error. I tried reinstaling the app but it doesn't work. I also tried to reinstall Mini Connected and turning off and tur...

IMG_0115.PNG
  • Hi, today I downloaded the new version of Spotify on my iPhone but when I connected my iOS device to my Mini it said there was an error. I tried reinstaling the app but it doesn't work. I also tried ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 3.0.0

What's new in this version (3.0.0): The new Spotify genre experience is now available on iPad. Update: We're aware of an issue when connecting to BMW ConnectedDrive and MINI Connected vehicles. A fix is coming soon.

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version (3.0.0):   The new Spotify genre experience is now available on iPad. Update: We're aware of an issue when connecting to BMW ConnectedDrive an...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipod 5th Generation - Premium Member

Hello I have a problemI'm an Premium Member and i have offline Playlists from Spotify (dowloaded Musik from Spotify)I have the new version of Spotify for Windows 8 but if i put my Ipod 5th Generation (Firmware 1.0.1 it is the newest one) on the PCin ...

• Hello   I have a problem I'm an Premium Member and i have offline Playlists from Spotify (dowloaded Musik from Spotify) I have the new version of Spotify for Windows 8   but if i put ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Albums/Songs/Artists not syncing anymore.. Playlists ok

None of my albums, songs, or artists saved offline will sync anymore via Imac to Iphone6.. but playlists still do. Anyone have a solution to this?

• None of my albums, songs, or artists saved offline will sync anymore via Imac to Iphone6.. but playlists still do.   Anyone have a solution to this?
  • DanL_91
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song on Mobile plays different version than song on Desktop

I recently started a Premium 30 day trial. Downloaded the Spotify desktop program and created a beefy playlist. One of the songs I included in my playlist was "Build me up Buttercup" by the Foundations. When I play it on the desktop, it sounds like t...

• I recently started a Premium 30 day trial. Downloaded the Spotify desktop program and created a beefy playlist.  One of the songs I included in my playlist was "Build me up Buttercup" by the Fou...
  • bschafrath
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Wrong song displayed in Spotify Connect

Hello,Here's the problem I encounter when I add a song to queue from my iPad to be played in my mac desktop using Spotify Connect: The song will play but the ipad is showing the songs from the initial playlist. The Ipad won't display any song that ha...

• Regular
  • Hello, Here's the problem I encounter when I add a song to queue from my iPad to be played in my mac desktop using Spotify Connect:  The song will play but the ipad is showing the songs from t...
  • archtom
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Releases error message

I keep getting the error message "An error occurred" when I try and open New Releases. I have done a fresh reinstall of the app and turned my phone off and on again. Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

• Music Fan
  • I keep getting the error message "An error occurred" when I try and open New Releases. I have done a fresh reinstall of the app and turned my phone off and on again. Anyone know how I can fix this pr...
  • TheKingLives
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify connect doesn't work between two iOS devices

Hi all,My iPhone is connected to the speaker and I want to control the music playing on it via my iPad mini. This doesn't work. I can't see the iPhone on iPad and I can't see the iPad on iPhone.The weird thing is I can control the music on Windows la...

• Regular
  • Hi all, My iPhone is connected to the speaker and I want to control the music playing on it via my iPad mini. This doesn't work. I can't see the iPhone on iPad and I can't see the iPad on iPhone. ...
  • burabil
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New playlist not showing up on mobile app (iphone4)

So, I made a new playlist on the desktop client but it's not showing up on my phone. I searched the forums and tried the suggestions I found, such as re-logging, resetting my phone and even re-installing the Spotify app. Nothing works. If I add songs...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I made a new playlist on the desktop client but it's not showing up on my phone. I searched the forums and tried the suggestions I found, such as re-logging, resetting my phone and even re-instal...
  • Froudini
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

my phone can't sync for offline mode

Hi! I recently bought spotify premium and I'm having some issues with the app on my iPhone, I own an iphone 5c and when I try to makea playlist for offline mode the phone doesn't sync the music and I don't know why because I didn't have this issue be...

• Hi! I recently bought spotify premium and I'm having some issues with the app on my iPhone, I own an iphone 5c and when I try to make a playlist for offline mode the phone doesn't sync the music and...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes