Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Username changed.

I signed up to spotify with a dedicated spotify account, but then I momentarily signed in my Facebook by mistake, my username then changed to my Facebook name, I tried to log off and back on, but my Facebook name is still there, I went on to the desk...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up to spotify with a dedicated spotify account, but then I momentarily signed in my Facebook by mistake, my username then changed to my Facebook name, I tried to log off and back on, but my ...
  • Landygirl87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod nano 7th gen don't appear under device

I have an Ipod Nano that I just purchased this passed week. When connecting to spotify vie usb it does not show up under devices. I have unplugged it and plugged the usb back in several times with the same result. Can you please provide me with a sol...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Ipod Nano that I just purchased this passed week. When connecting to spotify vie usb it does not show up under devices. I have unplugged it and plugged the usb back in several times with th...
  • ambi_app
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shazam fails in adding songs to automatically generated playlist

Hello,For some time Shazam cannot add songs to its automatically generated playlist on Spotify.I tried disconnecting Shazam and Spotify and then reconnecting them again, but nothing has changed.Any idea about how to fix it?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, For some time Shazam cannot add songs to its automatically generated playlist on Spotify. I tried disconnecting Shazam and Spotify and then reconnecting them again, but nothin...
  • PhantomDiesel
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    Shazam
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect on iPad Mini 2

I love Spotify Connect, and I use it frequently between my MacBook Air laptop and Moto X Android phone. Recently I got an iPad Mini 2, my first iOS device, and Spotify was one of the first apps I downloaded (version 3.1.0.2150). So far, it works grea...

• Casual Listener
  • I love Spotify Connect, and I use it frequently between my MacBook Air laptop and Moto X Android phone.    Recently I got an iPad Mini 2, my first iOS device, and Spotify was one of the f...
  • PhantomDiesel
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify new features for iPad

Why cant i get the new features on Spotify on my iPad?

• Community Legend
  • Why cant i get the new features on Spotify on my iPad?
  • tleaves
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IPad issues

I have recently started experiencing issues with the iPad app:1) I am usually only able to listen to the first song I select. If I try to skip to the next song the play head stays at 0:00. This is affecting any song i try to stream, as well as any se...

• I have recently started experiencing issues with the iPad app: 1) I am usually only able to listen to the first song I select. If I try to skip to the next song the play head stays at 0:00. This is ...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I phone 6 issue

Hi I am having an issue with spotify on my iPhone ... When I press the home button the music automatically turns off or when the screen times out and goes black... The screen has to be on spotify in order for it to work ... I think it is only happeni...

• Hi I am having an issue with spotify on my iPhone ... When I press the home button the music automatically turns off or when the screen times out and goes black... The screen has to be on spotify in ...
  • PhantomDiesel
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

FYI: special characters in playlist name affects offline sync

I had an issue where I was unable to sync a playlist for offline availability on my iPhone 6. I think I traced the issue: I had a special character (a plus sign, i.e. "+") in my playlist name, which was somehow preventing me from syncing my music. I ...

• I had an issue where I was unable to sync a playlist for offline availability on my iPhone 6.     I think I traced the issue: I had a special character (a plus sign, i.e. "+") i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't sync offline playlists

After an error message said that I lost download capablilites on my iPhone 6 Plus, all of my downloaded playlists were reset. All of my local tracks were lost, and now most of them won't sync. On some playlists, it syncs half of the songs, and on oth...

• Regular
  • After an error message said that I lost download capablilites on my iPhone 6 Plus, all of my downloaded playlists were reset. All of my local tracks were lost, and now most of them won't sync. On som...
  • vturner830
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs gone

All of my saved songs over night just disappeared and changed to the most random songs that I don't even know

• Casual Listener
  • All of my saved songs over night just disappeared and changed to the most random songs that I don't even know
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Plays one song only

When I shuffle then go to another playlist then come back to the original one I was on the same song will come up on shuffle and I can't do anything to fix it it won't change to any other song but that song and it started when I was playing with the ...

• When I shuffle then go to another playlist then come back to the original one I was on the same song will come up on shuffle and I can't do anything to fix it it won't change to any other song but th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify new features in offline mode

Is it possible to make the new Spotify Now and Running features avaliable in offline mode?

• Regular
  • Is it possible to make the new Spotify Now and Running features avaliable in offline mode?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing can't open app

Anybody else having this problem. I cant open the app it just immediately closes.

• Roadie
  • Anybody else having this problem. I cant open the app it just immediately closes. 
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • spotify app won't work
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not showing devices, iPhone 6 (and PS4) not updating playlists

Hey guys, I've had this issue for a while now - I'm using my Macbook Pro and iPhone 6 (with Spotify Premium). When I add songs to my desktop playlist, the phone no longer auto updates (as it used to) and so my mobile version has playlists that are mi...

• Hey guys, I've had this issue for a while now - I'm using my Macbook Pro and iPhone 6 (with Spotify Premium). When I add songs to my desktop playlist, the phone no longer auto updates (as it used to)...
  • mastrwhil
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • devices
    Playlists
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Is the available offline option now obsolete?

Hello folks, When accessing an album page now, we get the option to "save" it to our "you music" library. The thing is that when I save an album, it is being queued or, if I'm on wifi, being saved for offline use automatically.I found an old post whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello folks,   When accessing an album page now, we get the option to "save" it to our "you music" library. The thing is that when I save an album, it is being queued or, if I'm on wifi, being...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify activ on background - still consumes battery - iOS8

Hi together, I thought it the hole time, but with the new feature in iOS8 I think it's true. Spotify drains so much battery power on my device, even if it's not used! I noticed that spotify is still active in background after I stopped the music hour...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi together,   I thought it the hole time, but with the new feature in iOS8 I think it's true. Spotify drains so much battery power on my device, even if it's not used! I noticed that sp...
  • Alfonx
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I just bought premium and it's not working

I signed out and signed back in and I deleted the app and re downloaded it. Nothing's working. What should I do?

• I signed out and signed back in and I deleted the app and re downloaded it. Nothing's working. What should I do?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lowercase 's' prepended to all strings when iOS language is Romainian

There is a regression in the latest release of Spotify for iOS, version 3.1.0, that affects devices that have the system language set to Romanian. It causes a lowercase 's' to be prepended to the start of all text strings within the app. If the iOS s...

• Casual Listener
  • There is a regression in the latest release of Spotify for iOS, version 3.1.0, that affects devices that have the system language set to Romanian. It causes a lowercase 's' to be prepended ...
  • alexstana96
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    iOS
    regression
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I do not get the characteristic of running spotify

last update the application and not running out spotify me, I have iphone ios 8.3 and 6 am premium, why not spotify running out?

• Music Fan
  • last update the application and not running out spotify me, I have iphone ios 8.3 and 6 am premium, why not spotify running out?
  • luannai
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Low streaming quality

Hi,I just upgraded to Premium and set the streaming audio quality to be extreme (on my iPhone. On my Mac the quality is great!) but it still is pretty low.My internet connection is not the problem, it is about 500kB/s.Any idea what I can do?Thanks in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just upgraded to Premium and set the streaming audio quality to be extreme (on my iPhone. On my Mac the quality is great!) but it still is pretty low. My internet connection is not the proble...
  • linusg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
    quality
    streaming
    streaming quality
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes