Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

my phone can't sync for offline mode

Hi! I recently bought spotify premium and I'm having some issues with the app on my iPhone, I own an iphone 5c and when I try to makea playlist for offline mode the phone doesn't sync the music and I don't know why because I didn't have this issue be...

• Hi! I recently bought spotify premium and I'm having some issues with the app on my iPhone, I own an iphone 5c and when I try to make a playlist for offline mode the phone doesn't sync the music and...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change country

I'm trying to change my country, which has defaulted to the U.S. I'm in Canada. The drop down country list is only giving me the option for US. Help!

• I'm trying to change my country, which has defaulted to the U.S. I'm in Canada. The drop down country list is only giving me the option for US. Help!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Devices folder

There is no "Devices folder" on Spotify. I'm using V10.4.90. I have tried attaching a new iPod Touch running the latest software which does not show up in Spotify. The same goes for Android phones. I've tried deleting Spotify and reloading it various...

• Casual Listener
  • There is no "Devices folder" on Spotify. I'm using V10.4.90. I have tried attaching a new iPod Touch running the latest software which does not show up in Spotify. The same goes for Android phones. I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS large player is now smaller

I launched spotify this morning after about 30 minutes or so the player was smaller any one have a solution to this?

• Regular
  • I launched spotify this morning after about 30 minutes or so the player was smaller any one have a solution to this?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Disappearing albums?

So used to be able to get Sam Sure & Giacomo Low EP. Even saved it in my music and now no songs are listed under the album name, cover art, etc. What gives?

• So used to be able to get Sam Sure & Giacomo Low EP. Even saved it in my music and now no songs are listed under the album name, cover art, etc. What gives?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotifuggle says i'm in the wrong country after six months

hello,i know this topic was already discussed but i can't seem to find the solution to my problem anyway.here is my tragedy: i tranfered to germany (from italy) in october2014, and i hadn't had any problem with spotify. it just worked without saying ...

• hello, i know this topic was already discussed but i can't seem to find the solution to my problem anyway. here is my tragedy: i tranfered to germany (from italy) in october2014, and i hadn't ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Sync Local Files

I just got spotify premium and made my playlist availible offline but all the local files in that playlists do not work on my iphone. It keeps telling me to sync them while on the same wifi as my laptop which I am but they still don't work. I searche...

• I just got spotify premium and made my playlist availible offline but all the local files in that playlists do not work on my iphone.  It keeps telling me to sync them while on the same wifi as ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

WHERE IS MY PLAYLISTS FOR FREE ACCT ON MAC?

I have free acct, was using my iPad until my cord frayed and haven't ordered new one yet. Have Spotify on my Mac but cannot find any of my music anywhere? Help!

• I have free acct, was using my iPad until my cord frayed and haven't ordered new one yet. Have Spotify on my Mac but cannot find any of my music anywhere? Help!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Cache on ios

Hi All, I have tried looking around and cannot really find the answer I am looking for. I am in a situation where I have a limited data allowance on my mobile contract but I do have around 50gb free on my iphone. Can someone confirm to me how the lim...

• Hi All,   I have tried looking around and cannot really find the answer I am looking for. I am in a situation where I have a limited data allowance on my mobile contract but I do have around 5...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Spotify App will not open on my IPhone.

I have an IPhone 5S with iOS 8.3 and I am unable to open the latest version of the Spotify app (3.0.0). Upon opening, the app will freeze and not respond to any touch commands. Occasionally it will proceed to the login screen if I tap the login butto...

• I have an IPhone 5S with iOS 8.3 and I am unable to open the latest version of the Spotify app (3.0.0). Upon opening, the app will freeze and not respond to any touch commands. Occasionally it will p...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded to Spotify Premium through Itunes for $12.99. Stopped working after the trial.

I upgraded to Spotify Premium through Itunes app store for $12.99. I had premium for 7 days with the trial and now that my trial is up I dont have premium anymore. Here is a picture of my Itunes receipt for confirmation.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 10.46.27 AM.jpg
  • Regular
  • I upgraded to Spotify Premium through Itunes app store for $12.99. I had premium for 7 days with the trial and now that my trial is up I dont have premium anymore. Here is a picture of my Itunes rece...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Death metal and black metal stations missing from iOS app radio

A few days ago, I noticed the radio stations of death metal and black metal were missing from my iPhone Spotify app. I did not delete them. I don't know why they're gone.

• Roadie
  • A few days ago, I noticed the radio stations of death metal and black metal were missing from my iPhone Spotify app. I did not delete them. I don't know why they're gone.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are sync but won't play

Some of my songs which are in offline playlists and saved in 'My music' don't play. When I click on the songs, the time bar is running, but there is no music and when I touch the pause button, the time bar goes back to zero. I tried de-sync the songs...

• Casual Listener
  • Some of my songs which are in offline playlists and saved in 'My music' don't play. When I click on the songs, the time bar is running, but there is no music and when I touch the pause button, the ti...
  • AlexisM94
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Bug iPhone
    Bug Playlist
    Bugged songs
    synced offline won't play
    synchronisation
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Linking to individual tracks not working

I often share links to tracks with my mates. For example, 'Hey, loving this song today! '. But all I get now are replied like, 'Which track?!?' because Spotify now sends them to the full album, despite the fact I clicked share on a single track - not...

• Regular
  • I often share links to tracks with my mates.   For example, 'Hey, loving this song today! <url>'.   But all I get now are replied like, 'Which track?!?' because Spotify now sends ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

not working

hi ya'll i use to be able to use my spotify app on my iphone 5 with my yahama home system & now i can't.It just goes to airplay instead of going through the spotify app to play songs on my home stereo.I just bought the premium & now it's no good to m...

• Regular
  • hi ya'll   i use to be able to use my spotify app on my iphone 5 with my yahama home system & now i can't. It just goes to airplay instead of going through the spotify app to play so...
  • syler69
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

When will the standard iOS share sheet UI be implemented in the iOS app?

Hi, Currently a custom share UI will be shown when I'd like to share a video and this limits me. Are there plans to integrate with the standard iOS share sheet? Thanks,Andras

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Currently a custom share UI will be shown when I'd like to share a video and this limits me. Are there plans to integrate with the standard iOS share sheet?   Thanks,Andras
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

too soft on car audio

I have a note 4. I connect via Bluetooth to my car audio and I have to turn on the volume really high to hear the songs. I have it on extreme high quality and tried manually adjusting the equalizer. Pandora plays fine on normal volume.

• I have a note 4. I connect via Bluetooth to my car audio and I have to turn on the volume really high to hear the songs. I have it on extreme high quality and tried manually adjusting the equalizer. ...
  • Fooly_Kewly
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Galaxy
    note 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

After a while synced songs become unplayable

After a certain period of time I have to re sync an entire playlist because some synced songs become unplayable. if i try to play them it says they arent synced. connecting to the same wifi and having both spotify apps open does not sync the unsynced...

• After a certain period of time I have to re sync an entire playlist because some synced songs become unplayable. if i try to play them it says they arent synced. connecting to the same wifi and havin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5S Local Files Won't Play

I recently got a new iPhone 5S as opposed to my current 4S. I haven't started using it as my phone because I got it so that I may travel with it, but I've synced it and put all of my apps and data from my 4S onto it. When I put an mp3 files into my m...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently got a new iPhone 5S as opposed to my current 4S. I haven't started using it as my phone because I got it so that I may travel with it, but I've synced it and put all of my apps and data fr...
  • lukasded
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes