Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can't share songs using iphone

Hi! I'm a premium member trying to share with another spotify premium member. We both are on facebook and have iphones. I can share songs with this facebook friend using my computer, but not my iphone - I go through the sequence and it says shared su...

• Hi!  I'm a premium member trying to share with another spotify premium member. We both are on facebook and have iphones.  I can share songs with this facebook friend using my computer, but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

I have payed for spotify premium and it has been working well now for about 6 months. However, I haven't deactivated the premium nor has no one else but it has suddenly gone back to a free account ?? What happened??

• Casual Listener
  • I have payed for spotify premium and it has been working well now for about 6 months. However, I haven't deactivated the premium nor has no one else but it has suddenly gone back to a free account ??...
  • kgunnells
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes When Logging in with Facebook (IOS 8)

DescriptionFor the past 2 weeks, I've been unable to log in to Spotify on my Iphone to use my premium service. After pressing Login and attempting to log in through facebook, the app closes. I've not had a problem until recently, and there have been ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description For the past 2 weeks, I've been unable to log in to Spotify on my Iphone to use my premium service. After pressing Login and attempting to log in through facebook, the app closes. I...
  • Kennyboy88
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Advice for playlists

Im a premium user on iOS devices. I subscribe to a few playlists which update weekly - such as BBC 6 Music. However when the playlists changes, this doesnt update on my devices. Is it recommended that you delete the previous week's list and create a ...

• Im a premium user on iOS devices.   I subscribe to a few playlists which update weekly - such as BBC 6 Music. However when the playlists changes, this doesnt update on my devices.   Is ...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify premium wont work

Hi,I have a prepaid subscripiton with a premium subscription when i registered with it. I followed the steps and i used my phone number linked with my facebook account to have it avail the premium service.My mobile phone is an iphone and my mobile ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a prepaid subscripiton with a premium subscription when i registered with it. I followed the steps and i used my phone number linked with my facebook account to have it avail the premium ...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse feature won't work

All of a sudden the browse feature in my Spotify app isn't working. It claims I'm offline, but I'm not. I'm connected to my wifi.

• All of a sudden the browse feature in my Spotify app isn't working. It claims I'm offline, but I'm not. I'm connected to my wifi.
  • lindaclaudette
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Block messages on iphone

I blocked a user from sending me messages on the desktop application and this worked but only for the desktop version. I still recieve messages from the person I blocked on iphone and cannot find a way to block them on the app.

• Casual Listener
  • I blocked a user from sending me messages on the desktop application and this worked but only for the desktop version. I still recieve messages from the person I blocked on iphone and canno...
  • aero678
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 2.9.0

Updated to spotify 2.9.0 just a little but ago and now I can't search for new music in app. Says connection error try again. Please fix

• Casual Listener
  • Updated to spotify 2.9.0 just a little but ago and now I can't search for new music in app. Says connection error try again. Please fix
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to play Spotify playlist at my party

Hello I have my party coming up and I am thinking of signing up to Spotify Premium to create and play a playlist. I understand it allows you to store and play it ‘offline’. Have I got this right? I also need a device to store it on and play it throug...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I have my party coming up and I am thinking of signing up to Spotify Premium to create and play a playlist.  I understand it allows you to store and play it ‘offline’.&n...
  • guido1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Data on iOS app is always empty

good morning from germany, to explain my problem, i start by telling you what kind of equipment i use: iphone 6 64gb (available space 10gb+)spotify premium on my mac the spotify app has the identical lists which are marked to be offline available as ...

• Casual Listener
  • good morning from germany,   to explain my problem, i start by telling you what kind of equipment i use:   iphone 6 64gb (available space 10gb+) spotify premium   on my mac the ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing music offline on spotify version 2.8

I am trying to sync my music offline on my iphone 6. I have the updated version of spotify, and not all the songs will sync. The playlist says it available offline (the green arrow is next to the playlist), but yet all the songs are not synced. Some ...

• Regular
  • I am trying to sync my music offline on my iphone 6. I have the updated version of spotify, and not all the songs will sync.  The playlist says it available offline (the green arrow is next to t...
  • mellie608
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem syncing local files to iPad. Use iPad app for itunes music playback.

Hi, I have an ipad and I love the spotify music ipad app. What I want to do is be able to play my itunes library through through the spotify ipad app as it has a much nicer interface. What's the best way to do this because when i click local files on...

• Hi,   I have an ipad and I love the spotify music ipad app.   What I want to do is be able to play my itunes library through through the spotify ipad app as it has a much nicer interfac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car kit issue

My Parrot Bluetooth car kit used to show artist and track info.... However now it only shows the first one I play and then keeps showing the same one, despite the fact it's now playing something else. It used to work fine until about 6 months ago. Ve...

• Music Fan
  • My Parrot Bluetooth car kit used to show artist and track info.... However now it only shows the first one I play and then keeps showing the same one, despite the fact it's now playing something else...
  • Spotiprobs
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect reciever problem

Hi! After 6 months of succesfull streaming using spotify connect, my reciever (Yamaha 3030) suddenly wont show up in list. Im using iphone6 and iPad. Cables checked to router. Restarted router, reciever and Iphone. What else can I do?!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! After 6 months of succesfull streaming using spotify connect, my reciever (Yamaha 3030) suddenly wont show up in list. Im using iphone6 and iPad. Cables checked to router. Restarted router, recie...
  • Ekemark
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 3GS does not update playlists

There is no way to download my new playlists (created with the Mac Spotify app). I tryed restarting the app, changing views, everything. It just won't update. I could not find a sync or update button..

• Casual Listener
  • There is no way to download my new playlists (created with the Mac Spotify app). I tryed restarting the app, changing views, everything. It just won't update.   I could not find a sync ...
  • doeschewo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing halfway

I have an iPhone 5, and when I play music on Spotify, the songs stop playing halfway into the song.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 5, and when I play music on Spotify, the songs stop playing halfway into the song.
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app goes to sleep with IPad if not plugged in since upgrading to iOS 8.3

It didn't use to do it. It goes to sleep and stops playing after 15 minutes of inactivity. Or when playing in the background. I noticed this shortly after upgrading device to IOS 8.3. Could consider this for your next update for Apple devices

• Casual Listener
  • It didn't use to do it. It goes to sleep and stops playing after 15 minutes of inactivity. Or when playing in the background. I noticed this shortly after upgrading device to IOS 8.3. Could consider ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema con playlist

Hola, cuento con un iPhone 6 y pues es la quinta vez que me pasa esto : cuando desactivo los datos o cambio de modo disponible offline toda mi playlist se borra y empieza a sincronizarse nuevamente. Por favor alguien me podría ayudar en esto que es u...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, cuento con un iPhone 6 y pues es la quinta vez que me pasa esto : cuando desactivo los datos o cambio de modo disponible offline toda mi playlist se borra y empieza a sincronizarse nuevamente. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song start to play but the next song is play instead the first

Hi, I've a problem with some song in my playlist. (on iOs)I click on a song to play it, it start. A few seconds, the next song start to play instead the first song. So impossible to play this song... Some times it work, sometimes it don't work. Any i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've a problem with some song in my playlist. (on iOs) I click on a song to play it, it start. A few seconds, the next song start to play instead the first song.   So impossible ...
  • lebonju
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes