Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Carplay home screen changes

Carplay home screen changes

The issue: The Spotify home screen in CarPlay changed several weeks ago to list popular podcasts and other items that I've never listened to or shown an interest in listening to.

How can I change my home screen to include the items I want?  as as recently played playlists, etc.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 14

5 Replies

Hi @kdon1

Welcome to the Community!

Currently, there is no option to personalize the Home screen on the app. 

If you'd like to have this feature in the future, you can leave a vote on this existing idea.   

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, since this post was made two years ago, I'm checking in to see if there is an update. I like podcasts actually, but rarely listen to them, and absolutely never have while driving. However, the default main page on Car Play shows almost exclusively podcasts. It's so difficult to actually find music quickly.  Can we change the default main screen or the content on the screen?

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

At the moment, we don't have updates about this. That being said, we recommend to add your vote to the idea posted by @Eni above.

Even though the status is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We really appreciate your feedback and patience. We know you want to make the best out of your listening experience.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Showing lists of new songs for me to read about while I drive is not safe.  Hiding the audio controls on a secondary screen is not safe.  I’ve only been using car play a few weeks with my Spotify account and I am trying to figure out what you were going for.  

I want to be able to choose what is on the home display so my children can read the "trending" news that I do not find appropriate for my children. These questions were made years ago, and there is still no movement on customization here. That's a big consumer bummer. I pay for this service and would like it to reflect what I am interested in. 

Suggested posts