Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain songs/albums NOT available on the iPad/Android app but ARE in the Spotify catalogue?

Certain songs/albums NOT available on the iPad/Android app but ARE in the Spotify catalogue?

For example, I set up a "Best of Oasis" playlist from my computer. Spotify seemed to have all of the Oasis albums in its catalogue and I made a playlist of 20 songs.

However, when I go to this playlist from the Spotify app on my iPad there are only 6 songs! I searched Oasis in the app and none of the albums appear, even though they were all available when going through my computer.

I tried another playlist by doing the same thing for Green Day and it all worked fine - made a playlist of 28 songs and they all appeared immediately on my iPad.

My question then is why is there some music that is not available on the Spotify app even though it is in the Spotify catalogue when accessed through a computer? Is there a way around this so that I can enjoy the Oasis playlist though my iPad without downloading the songs directly to the iPad's storage?

Thank you for any help you can give!

5 Replies

I have this same problem too!  There are several albums (usually whole albums) that do not show up on the iPad app unless you do a specific search for them (and sometimes not even then).  However, these same albums show up just fine on my iMac Spotify program.  I'm using the exact same network and am sometimes sitting just a few feet away from my iMac and yet these albums still don't show up.  

Me too.

For example, I did a search for Taylor Swift on my computer version and there infront of me was Red the album. Were as on my iPad app and my android app her album isn't there.

Had the same problem with 30 Seconds to Mars and also with Tyler Ward.

Makes me wonder now how many more are missing from one app to another.

Would be good if they could resolve the issue.

I have experienced a similar issue.

Yesterday, I looked up the latest "Alison Krauss and Union Station" album called "Paper Airplanes" on my android phone before leaving work. I started listening to it, and when arriving home I wanted to continue on the iPad. But I could not find the album there, not under Alison Krauss nor under "Alison Krauss & Union Station".

I don't understand why this is happening. I am a premium subscriber.

@minos wrote:

I have experienced a similar issue.

Yesterday, I looked up the latest "Alison Krauss and Union Station" album called "Paper Airplanes" on my android phone before leaving work. I started listening to it, and when arriving home I wanted to continue on the iPad. But I could not find the album there, not under Alison Krauss nor under "Alison Krauss & Union Station".

I don't understand why this is happening. I am a premium subscriber.

Can you try clicking this link on your iPad and see if it offers to open the Spotify app to play?:

Alison Krauss & Union Station – Paper Airplane

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I seemed to have the same issue with The Living End's - Modern ARTillery, I could see the album on my PC but it doesn't show up on my iphone App.

I created a playlist on my PC opf the music I wanted, it didnt work strait away but the next day the playlist was available on my app with the songs showing up (the first day it kept saying there was nothing in the playlist on my phone). so now its all working.

hope this helps.

Regards

DopieLG

Suggested posts