Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.4.1

My Question or Issue

Navigate to the Charts page from the Search tab, then scroll down. You'll see that the page title, "Charts", gets duplicated with a smaller font, causing a ghosting effect. See the attached screen recording video for reference.

14 Replies

Hey @Top50Clean,

Thanks reaching out to the Community with this one.

Let us know if this overlap persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail! I’ll try the reinstall now and let you know.

After a delete and reinstall from the App Store, I still see the overlay issue on the “Charts” page. I’m running version 8.6.10.575.

Hey @Top50Clean,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Does this happen only on your iPhone? If you have the option to test it on another device, that would be great. It would also help the troubleshooting a lot if you could ask a friend or family member to log into their account on your iPhone and see if the same overlap appears there. The more details we gather about how the app behaves in such situations, the easier it will be for us to get to the bottom of this.

Keep us posted. We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Mihail,

I just had my niece try on her iPhone 12 Pro Max, running v8.6.10.575, and we saw the same overlay issue on the Charts page.

Hi @Top50Clean

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We suggest that you make sure any battery saver and optimizer is turned off on your phone. 

Also, could you check if all permissions for Spotify are enabled in your phone's apps settings?

Lastly, would you mind checking if the issue persists on a different device such as a tablet or a PC?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

I made sure that no battery optimizers were turned on. I also confirmed that Spotify has all permissions it needs.

I also installed Spotify (v8.6.12.1032) on my iPad (8th gen) running iPadOS 14.4. I see the exact same overlay issue when scrolling down on the Charts page.

At this point I’m 100% sure this is just a simple issue when the Charts ViewController is loaded. If this page is supposed to mimic the behavior of other pages like Pop, Hip Hop and Podcasts, let your iOS team know they need to not set the Charts controller title on load. It’s probably a one-line bug fix.

All the best!

Hi again @Top50Clean

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only with the Charts tile or does it happen with others? 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Novy,

Sorry for the delayed reply. This is only happening on the Charts page. All other titles work as expected, as far as I’ve seen.

Thanks!

Hey @Top50Clean

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you send over the Spotify version you're currently running? 

Also, would you mind confirming if this is triggering any other issue within the app?

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

Hi Novy!

iOS Version: 8.6.16.1012

And this isn’t causing any other issues with the app. It’s just a visual artifact.

Thanks!

Will

Hi again @Top50Clean

Thanks for sending this info and for taking the time to try everything we've suggested. 

Even though we already have the video you sent, we'd like to ask for a couple of screenshots where we can compare the error in the Charts tile with any other tile that does not have this issue. 

We'd also like to see what happens when you log in to a different account. If you don't have one at the moment, you can create a new test account here

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator

Hi Novy,

Screenshots attached from my main account on an iPhone X, showing the title overlay issue on the Charts page, compared to the clean titles on the "New releases" and Podcasts pages.

iPhone Charts PageiPhone Charts PageiPhone New Releases PageiPhone New Releases PageiPhone Podcasts PageiPhone Podcasts Page

I also logged in with an alternate account on my iPad and saw the same Charts page issue. Screenshot attached.

iPad Charts PageiPad Charts Page

Hope this helps!

Hi there @Top50Clean,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We appreciate you taking the time to report this to us and for all the info sent. Although we can't commit to a timeline for when this will be fixed, we'll make sure to forward it to the team in charge to be looked into.

We'll be right here in case you need a hand with anything else.

Have a great weekend 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts