Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chomecast Audio not available

Chomecast Audio not available

I'm getting a greyed out option for my Chromecast Audio device (it says "Can't play this right now") and I'm not sure why. My desktop can see (and connect to) it properly. I've tried resolving it by rebooting the iPhone (iOS 9.1) and resetting the Chromecast device (Firmware 1.16.43955). Both devices are on the same network and, additionally, the Chomecast device has guest mode enabled. I'm running Spotify version 4.4.0.

This used to work. Any ideas?

Not available

Thanks.

-gary

0.png
3 Replies

Hi, 

I have the same problem. 
All chromecast are greyed out on my ipad all chromecast audio devices are available and working. 
I restarted all chromecast, the router, my iphone and logged out and in to the spotify app but nothing fixed the problem. 

I have a spotify family subscription. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Chris

Ok, 

found the solution. 
If you simply delete the spotify app and reinstall it, the chromecast audio devices are selectable again. 

Thx

uninstall and reinstall of app has not worked for me. The chromecast device is still ghosted as per picture. I suspect the fault is with my router a virgin superhub 3, as chromecast instal went fine in set up. I cannot get my router to print wirelessly on my printer.

Suggested posts