Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chrome 71 returns "unsupportes browser" on iOS

Solved!

Chrome 71 returns "unsupportes browser" on iOS

Plan Premium

Device iPad

Operating System iOS 10.3.3

Trying to run spotify on old iPad.

I know, i know: Even the last  Spotify app for this iOS version (Spotify iOS 8.8) will not work as per " Login fails on iPad 4th Generation iOS 10.3.3 - The Spotify Community ", but web player should work on Safari 11 and above  or Chrome **bleep** and above as per " Web player help - Spotify ", but when opening open.spotify.com from Chrome 71 for iOS i also get the Browser not compatible error from the website.

So, Chrome 71 should be able to open the web player, or there is outdated information on the app help article ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

iOS 10 is no longer supported: Web player help - Spotify

You have to have an iOS 11 with Safari 11. Being that Chrome 71 is running on iOS 10.3.3 (as you indicated as your operating system, it will always use Webkit for ios 10. So  even having Chrome 71 your still using iOS 10.3.3 webkit. You will need to have iOS 11 or higher with Chrome 6 9 or higher.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

iOS 10 is no longer supported: Web player help - Spotify

You have to have an iOS 11 with Safari 11. Being that Chrome 71 is running on iOS 10.3.3 (as you indicated as your operating system, it will always use Webkit for ios 10. So  even having Chrome 71 your still using iOS 10.3.3 webkit. You will need to have iOS 11 or higher with Chrome 6 9 or higher.

Suggested posts