Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login fails on iPad 4th Generation iOS 10.3.3

Login fails on iPad 4th Generation iOS 10.3.3

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPad 4, 32gb, 2012)

Operating System

iOS 10.3.3

Hi there,

I just got an old iPad 4 from my father. Specs above. I'm able to install an older, officially working version of spotify but everytime I want to log in  it says "something went wrong. Please try again later." (in german: "Etwas ist schiefgelaufen. Bitte probiere es später noch einmal").

Even after de- and reinstalling and restart it just doesn't work. Anyone out there with a hint to solve this problem..?

Thanks,

Esther

3 Replies

Hey @Esther17, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I checked the specifications for the iPad you mentioned in your original post, and the iOS version is currently not supported by Spotify. To ensure that Spotify runs smoothly and without issues, you'll need an iOS device running iOS 13 or later. There's more information on the system requirements here

You can always use the Web Player on the iPad as an alternative to using the app.

I hope this helps. I'll be here if you need a hand with anything else! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Billy-J,

thanks for your reply and sorry for my belated reaction!

OK - then it is like it ist and I can't use the app on my device... 😞

Unfortunately even my browser is too old to play the browser version of spotify... do you have a hint how I can solve this?

Kind regards

Esther

Hey @Esther17

Thanks for the reply!

I checked this page that contains the requirements for the Web Player to work, and it looks like you would need Safari 11 or later. If you don't have Safari 11 or later, then the Web Player may not work properly. 

Outside of that and the system requirements, I am unable to guarantee the optimal performance of Spotify on your device. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts